It was about 40 minute driving from Bergen and the reason was: not a single room for rent left in Bergen. The guesthouse recommended by the information office in Bergen- well done for them.
The place as we told was an ex farm, design and decorated by a young lady one of the owner of the place. Actually she did a good work except for the TV monitor (picture attached) – please replace it: no one can watch TV at this monitor unless he use a magnifying glass…..
Our room was big, clean and very comfortable. actually, double bed is more fitted for this room and for many couples too, I guess.
The bathroom was just great with its warming floor. The view from the room to the lake is fantastic.
The dining room is very aesthetic, clean and spacious. Breakfast was good and satisfying.
O.k , now what was less fantastic:
The stairs too steep – must watch out when using them (picture attached).
Price - little bit high (picture not attached...) .
The bed – prefer a real double bed.
And of course the T.V monitor - simply a jock.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bjornefjorden Gjestetun is situated on Hauge, Os, just half an hour's drive south of Bergen. Gjestetunet (Guest House) has 38 rooms, seven meeting rooms of different size, banquet facilities, a fireplace lounge and a restaurant. The farm was formerly part of Lyse Kloster (Castle), founded in 1146. The farmstead consists of five houses, and from guest courtyard there is a beautiful view over the Bjornefjorden (Bear Fjord).Family Birch is the eighth generation of the farm Hauge. At the entrance is a burial mound from the Viking era. The oldest building on the farm - former barn, and nowadays an accomodation for several of the guest rooms, is from 1655. The farm was once a part of Lyse Kloster, a rich and powerful monastery founded by Bishop Sigurd of Bergen, with more than 200 farms of their own.Guest farmstead is situated in a large garden, on the top of a hill above the majestic Bjornefjorden. From Gjestetunet there is a view to Folgefonna, Rosendal and Tysnes mountains in the distance. The farm is located ten minutes walk from the center of Os. It is also close to Lysoen, the wonderful and adventurous summer villa of Ole Bull.There are several hiking trails and jogging routes nearby. It is possible to combine this with a swim in the bay (for most of us this will be dependent on the season ...).Bjornefjord Golf Club is located on the property and is a nine-hole all-year-round court. We help you with booking and equipment you need.If you want to tailor challenging activities, maybe you will want to rent a real Oselvar (traditional boat), take horse-drawn sleigh rides, canoe or have a mini boot camp before dinner? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Bjornefjorden Gjestetun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bjornefjorden Gjestetun Bergen
- Bjornefjorden Gjestetun Hotel Bergen
- Bjornefjorden Gjestetun Norway/Osoyro