“Stunning and tranquil location”
Review of Rognan Hotel

Rognan Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rognan
UK
“Stunning and tranquil location”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed at the Norlandia Rognan hotel in early July 2011 during a motorcycle tour of Scandinavia. I hadn't pre-booked a room as I didn't intend to stay there; I only came across the hotel by chance having failed to find a campsite in the area with available cabins.

First impressions of the hotel were good. The exterior of the building was well maintained and it's location at the head of a fjord is quite simply stunning.

The interior of the hotel was fine with a large lobby and dining area offering fantastic views down the fjord. Check-in was straight forward and the room rate was reasonable by Norwegian standards.

Away from the hotel lobby and dining/bar area I would describe the hotel decor functional rather than elegant. I don't consider this to be an issue as comfort, location and services are more important to me.

My bedroom was clean and comfortable. The ensuite bathroom was a wet room with shower basin and toilet and was quite adequate for my needs.

I didn't have an evening meal at the hotel but I did have a couple of beers at the bar. Once again the bar prices were quite reasonable compared to other places I had visited in Norway.

My room rate included breakfast which was a typical buffet-style offering. There was a wide range of food and drinks on offer and sitting outside the hotel dining area at the edge of the fjord enjoying a cup of coffee was a great start to the day.

Rognan as a town is quite small relative to the size of the Norlandia Rognan Hotel. I only stayed for one night and the town was very quiet both on my arrival in the early evening and on my departure the following morning. I would have happily stayed for another night if my itinerary had permitted.

Overall a very pleasant stay and a hotel I would return to if I was in the area again.

Room Tip: It's got to be worth getting a room overlooking the fjord for the amazing view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We were given the bridle suite as 'we like foreign travelers to have the best possible service and great impression of Norwegian people'. Staff very friendly and doing their utmost to make our stay as comfortable as possible

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view on the fjord
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Lorch, Germany
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I was there in Feb. 2010, had made a reservation of a single room, I got a large suite, with beautiful view over the fjord! Really!
The dinner was fine, the lobby, the bar and the beer and drinks very well, and also the breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful!
I would stay there anymore else.
But it was'nt cheep.

D.L. alias Elretsnefolk

Room Tip: i dont know
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Bergen
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This is the worst hotel we stayed at during our round trip in Norway. We asked for a family room for five and were given a small room consisting of five beds, that's good. BUT with the beds in the room there were no way to move around. It seems as if the staff does not care at all about their clients, and they were not keen to provide any extra service than to give us our room key. The worst was however the breakfast, the choice was terrible, the bread dry and most of the food was overdue. Our advice is, do not stay at this hotel! The price was higher than in Fauske, and quality more then ten time less.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank UnicornBergen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rognan
Fauske Hotel
Fauske Hotel
#1 of 1 in Fauske
Saltstraumen Hotel
Saltstraumen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Saltstraumen
Saltfjellet Hotell Polarsirkelen

Been to Rognan Hotel? Share your experiences!