Eden Roc Resort Hotel & Bungalows
$113
$131
Romantza Mare(Kallithea)
1,777 results
All reviewschampagne baranimation teamfire showrhodes townbeach tavernaslide poolsea viewpools are salt watermain barprivate beachmanager georgegeorge vthe grilla la cartegreat holidaybar staffeden room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2012

On arrival at the Eden Roc, a warm welcome was definitely given. The gentleman on reception was very relaxed and helpful and there was a much needed glass of cold juice for us while he took details/passports etc. The lobby and reception areas are lovely, light, spacious and the décor tasteful. Thumbs up and a really good start!

When we got to our room (we’d paid for a sea view) I was surprised with rose petals, sweets, a fruit basket and bottle of bubbly. It was our 2 year wedding anniversary and my husband had emailed the hotel before. There was also a little card from the Eden Roc saying Happy Anniversary. It was a lovely touch. We also had delivered another fruit basket on our actual anniversary – really nice of them to have this noted and goes to show they are extremely guest orientated.

The room was really lovely and spacious, I was a bit apprehensive with the forest wallpaper as I thought it would make the room look dark but it was really effective and looked great, not dark at all. The bathroom and shower were ok, shower a bit strange as the pipe got in the way (pipe went from taps on the side of the bath to the shower at the end).

The room was clean, unlike others I appreciate that stains can be difficult to get out of white bedding so the barely there faint marks on obviously clean sheets didn’t bother us, people can be too fussy. There were occasions when I could have done with a dustpan and brush to sweep up my long dark hair that seemed to have been missed but it was my own hair so again no big deal.

It was great having a fridge that was empty, no minibar! There were spare pillows, blankets and a throw in the quite large wardrobe and the bed was very comfortable. The safe is quite large too. The view from our room was great, the beach, bit of garden and the sea – perfect. Plus unlike many rooms we had sun pretty much all day.

We were given a coupon for the sunbeds on the beach so I’m not sure what people mean when they say the beds are expensive, hotel guests don’t pay.

The gardens are nice, the pool very large with additional pools elsewhere. The amphitheatre bit is very run down and could probably do with no guests going down there, especially with the broken sunbeds at the back and the staff rooms on the side – bit of a let down there.
It is nice to sit outside and look out towards the sea, would be nice to sit near the pool and look towards the sea too, however this was only done once….. time for the bad points…..

The animation team are REALLY annoying, not just a bit, but REALLY! One came over on our first day when we were by the pool, we had a chat said hello etc. She pretended to know what my husband was reading (she didn’t have a clue, it was a book on climbing!) Then her friend joined her. Now, bearing in mind we had said we don’t want to join in with any games, so they decided to spend the next 20 minutes talking to my husband, with not a single word uttered to myself. I didn’t appreciate this and it wasn’t just woman jealousy – they took it a bit overboard and completely disregarded my presence. They annoyed us so much we tried to avoid them the rest of the holiday, bit hard when they stand at the top of the stairs to the restaurant. It got to the point where my husband was looking for a different exit so he didn’t have to walk past them! It’s all well and good having entertainment, but sometimes people want to have a relaxing day or two. We ended up sitting by the pool with the slides, which because it is new, had more comfortable beds and was a lot more peaceful at the time!

The restaurant was nice in décor, we loved the lights and the chain curtain etc. Would have been nice to know about the one evening they do a la carte, we missed this as it was the first evening there and we didn’t know about it. Would have beat the food I had to choose from. Seriously, not every item of food needs cheese!! I did find it incredibly hard to find food I liked and it was cold by the time I got back to my table. Not a thumbs up there I’m afraid. However, the Greek Evening meal was lovely, glad we stayed in for this one definitely recommended. I didn’t see many of the food shown on the facebook page – maybe this was on the evenings we chose to eat out.

The first time we went to the bar there was no list on what was included on the all-inclusive, this was our first all-inclusive so we had no idea. It would be nice to have a list in your room of what is included in the whole of the hotel not just the bar. We didn’t know what snacks were included (there were poor looking sandwiches on the bar) and it isn’t a particularly nice bar either. We had to stay in the morning of our last day as it was raining hard, guess what, the list was on the bar – bit too late though!

The gym? Just don’t bother.

The actual hotel staff are really nice, especially in the gift shop and in the restaurant oh and on reception! They are very welcoming and attentive towards guests. This could easily be a fabulous hotel with a few minor changes and it does look like they are continuously improving the hotel and grounds. It is in a good location, with a side street by the side of the beach which leads to shops, bars and the great bus service to Rhodes town.
If you want a good base, where sometimes you may be too tired to eat out but will do so more than not, a nice room and comfortable bed this hotel is perfect.

I’ll be interested to see what changes there are for 2013 but with so many other places in the world, we won’t be back for a while.

Room Tip: Don't sit by the main pool if you want peace and quiet.
5  Thank SJ1311
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was slightly worried after reading other reviews but went with an open mind. Given the fact that it was the end of the season it could have been terrible but I am delighted to say nothing could have been further from the truth. We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival which was fantastic. They had a cold drink and food waiting for us as we arrived late in the evening. The food all week was great, plenty of choice (not good for the waist line!) Drinks we local which was OK as I drink Metaxa.

I can imagine that in high season there could be queues for the food/bar/sun loungers but we did not experience any of this given the time of year.

The only very slight disappointment was that the Greek Taverna was closed but we only missed it by a week so next year maybe we will visit a little earlier.

Having experienced all inclusive in the Caribean (24 hour food, drink etc) we never expect things to be quite as good but I have to say for a Greek all inclusive it was great.Overall it was a fantastic holiday which my husband and I really enjoyed and will def go back.

Huge thank you to all the staff and look forward to seeing you again.

Room Tip: If you can afford a suite then go for it.
1  Thank YvonneH05
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We went to Eden Roc for two weeks in October 2012. The hotel is set in a fabulous bay with stunning views. The design and interiors are wonderful with continuous upgrading. We found the food varied and they were constantly experimenting with new theme nights. The hotel and restuarant managers, were constantly overseeing and checking the high standards of the food and service. We found all staff welcoming, polite, friendly and most of all fun. Nothing was too much trouble. The hotel owner always had time to stop and chat to us, even though he is an extremely busy person, he obviously takes a lot pride in his hotels. Overall we had a fabulous holiday and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.
Dave and Helgi.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a sea view and it was very much worth it.
1  Thank David P
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Eden Roc (it was actually June 2010). It's your standard all inclusive hotel, lots of sports/games activities through the day, decent food, our room was brand new and in a good location near Rhodes town with its own private beach. We had a nice room with a wonderful sea view.

Hotel seems to be mainly set up of Italian and Russian guests, who were by far the majority of guests. Hotel isn't too big or full of screaming children, but flip side is that there isn't a huge amount going on in the evening and hotel's internal entertainment team or bars aren't too exciting.

Overall was good value, but as with a lot of all inclusive, just felt a bit budget at times.

Room Tip: On our check out day we were allowed to use one of the old rooms, that hadn't at that time been remodeled, and it was like stepping back 30 years. May be worth checking when you book to make sure you don't get one of these (although I doubt there now as they were updating the hotel bit by bit).
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BPKM
Reviewed October 19, 2012

After an eleven day bicycle trip, six of us stayed at Eden Roc for 3 days, from Oct. 6 to 9. Great place to relax but lots to do if you want to stay busy. When we booked this hotel we did not realize it was mostly an All-inclusive, we did buy the "package" for 2 days which was really a good deal and restaurants are not really walking distance, for us it was the perfect solution, staff was extremely helpful they even made us breakfast at 4.30am on the day we left. We did not meet any other English speaking people that were staying there. Mostly eastern Europeans. Would recomend this to anyone for a few days.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends