What’s not to love about this place? We had an amazing stay here and can’t really find anything significant to fault it. From the time we arrived till the time we left we were very well looked after by the friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is located right on a beautiful beach with all the water activities and beach comforts you could ask for.
Our room was really nice, a free standing bungalow unit (garden view). The room was spacious with a king size bed, ceiling fan, air conditioning, and a bottomless minibar. The shower in the bathroom was particularly impressive with double shower heads for showering with a special friend. We even had a bed on the veranda which was a nice place to hang out and read a book. The food in the restaurant was amazing – buffet meals 3 times a day with really high quality fresh foods and ingredients, seafood right out of the sea in front of the hotel, fruits and veggies from the local markets. Unbelievably good!
There was no shortage of things to do around the resorts. We played tennis daily, tried our hand at archery and stretching classes, played ping-pong and darts, swam laps in the pool, went for early morning runs along the beach, lazed in the warm turquoise waters of the lagoon – magical! We met with one of the beach locals, Verimark, who offered us tours (spice tours, snorkeling trips, Jozani forest, etc) at a fraction of the cost of the hotel prices. All of the tours were well organized and we didn’t experience any problems whatsoever – all very professional with safe drivers. We would definitely recommend Verimark’s services.
The only criticisms I can offer are as follows:
1. Wifi internet is only available in the reception area, and you have to pay for it. They really need to upgrade their system and offer complimentary Wifi to all rooms and common areas on the property.
2. There are not enough deck chairs and umbrellas around the pool. We only once ever got the chance to use the pool facilities because of this.
I would highly recommend this hotel to all travelers and would just love to come back here again myself. We had an outstanding holiday at Mapenzi and hope that we are back this way again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the east coast of Zanzibar on the Kiwengwa shoreline, Diamonds Mapenzi Beach perfectly blends in the natural environment of the surrounding landscape, covering an area of 4 hectares blessed with a long white beach and lush tropical gardens of palms and colourful bougainvillea. The Resort is just 40 minutes from Zanzibar international airport and is a perfect choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers a nice mixture of relax,fun and extensive all inclusive services ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Diamonds Mapenzi Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Mapenzi Beach Club Hotel Mahonda
- Mapenzi Beach Hotel
- Mapenzi Beach Zanzibar
- Diamonds Mapenzi Beach Zanzibar Island, Tanzania