“Fantastic Experience Never to forget!!!”
Review of Dream of Zanzibar

Dream of Zanzibar
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mahonda
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We went on holiday to the lovely Dream Resort in Oct 2013 we had a breathtakingly awesome time, all the staff was so friendly and helpful. The rooms are equipped with everything you should need to make you feel right at home! We will definitely recommend this resort!!! A useful tip take a lot of sunscreen as you would need it! Take along waterproof camera and water shoes! Thank you so much for a amazing stay at your resort, Hakuna Matata

Room Tip: Building 15 had a great sea view and were also close to beach and other entertainment and restaurant...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CheneBredenhann

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel really felt like a perfect honeymoon!! Everybody was so nice and works hard to serve their customers!! If you're looking for the best quality in service for a hotel, i would recommend the dream of zanzibar.
Well the location isn't perfect, but with a few trips you'll see the beauty of zanzibar. We did stonetown and the blue safari. For disco's and dancing you better prefer other hotels. But for chilling and loungin' its perfect!
I wanna give a holla @ some of the staff who made our holiday:
- Cassaly: The cook @ the pool! Really nice guy. He actually taught me kiswahili.
- John from the beach!! Always smiling and knows the perfect timing for a tusker lite!!
- Simba great, funny cook!!
- Evelynn the guard so nice!! She wrote me a list words in kiswahili!!
And the guys @ the pool: Ezra, nassor and Jeremiah!! Great service boyz!!
- and there was a nice gurl at the sushi bar!! Agnes!! Asante sana!!

Well and there are so much more!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Thurstio
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A fantastic hotel with fantastic staff. Everyone was so friendly and went beyond the call of duty to make sure we had an unforgettable stay. Special mentions go out to Simba for making us a special pack lunch for our journey to the airport and Ezra who was the coolest pool waiter we have met.

All of the staff were wonderful, Ali, Seif, Bora, Mary, Flora, Edward, Nasoro, Maria and Ibrahim to name a few. All the staff were very friendly and took their time to talk to us even when they were busy. All of the pool and beach staff were very helpful and accommodating. The staff made our experience very special and we would like to thank them all for making our holiday a truly memorable one. Nothing was too much of a problem for them and even though they were working very hard they always seemed very happy.

The entertainment staff were very good as well. Offering a wide range of activities. The food was fantastic! Lots of choice and all very fresh and tasty. We would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Thank you all for all the hard work you put into service with a personal touch. This is one of the best places we have stayed. All the staff really genuinely make every effort to ensure you are treated like royalty. The management team and all staff work really well together to give every guest the best possible experience. We stayed here for 2 weeks and everybody made us feel at home. I would highly recommend this place. If I could name all the staff I would name every one of them. All I can say is EnJoY;-)

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are to our preference but the team aim to please to suit you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, the place is absolutely gorgeous and the staff very kind.
The food was particularly good.
Despite some rainy days we enjoyed our staying and wish to repeat it.
Special thanks to Cassaly and Flora.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Everything was very good. The service was perfect. Special thanks too Jeremia, John, Alawi, Maria, Winniefrida and Monica, and all the other employees. They helped us to make our holiday the best ever. The food in all the restaurants was very good and we really enjoyed our stay here.
Tip: Ask Jeremia for a Jeremia's Special! It tastes great and in the afternoon add some wodka!
Anamation team was Italian minded
For diving contact Scuba Libre or talk to Bigfoot at the beach he can get you in contact with Scuba Libre (also for all your other trips contact Bigfoot at the beach lot cheaper and mostley same trips).
It's always a suprise if the sea is nearby or not, we didnt mind this at all. It added something to our holiday. The tide made spectaculair views......

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NicoTina2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had the best holiday of my life. I have not been to any other hotel in Zanzibar but I would go to this one when I visit again. There is the highest level of efficiency from organizing transfers to reception and to the service offered by waiters and the staff in general. If I had to tip every time the waiters served me, I would be broke by now. There was such a touch of excellence that made me think all my expectations were exceeded. The activities and the live perfomances were just perfect and captivating on their own. That pool area keeps you glued from after breakfast till you go to change for the evening.... I have run out of words but if fantastic and exquisitely perfect mean this is the great place to be. I suggest you put it on your bucket list because it was the first time I saw my wife becoming restless with the itching feeling of getting onto the dance floor to dance. So we danced.....

Room Tip: We took Deluxe but may be you should not worry becaus the hotel will keep occupied the whole day tha...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahonda
Melia Zanzibar
ZanziResort
#5 of 172 in Zanzibar Island
Hideaway of Nungwi Resort & Spa
Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort

Been to Dream of Zanzibar? Share your experiences!