“HELL ON EARTH!!”
Review of Bill Resort

Bill Resort
Ranked #36 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I booked Bill's Resort on the recommendation of a tourist office (we later found out this was a travel agent that we had been duped into going to) in Bangkok. We stayed here for 7 nights and I can honestly say it was the worst of my life. I by no means stay in 5 star hotels nor do I expect the very highest luxury, but the basic living standards in this place are a joke.

We were due to stay in a 'Standard' room. Once we arrived and put our bags down, I went to the bathroom and didn't even want to go to the toilet. It was dirty, smelly and down trodden. We paid for an upgrade and the 'bed' was a mattress on the floor. The shower did not have it's own cubicle or even a bathtub. So the water went everywhere when you were taking a shower in the morning.

We found a lizard and a cockroach in the room two of the nights we were staying there. There were holes under the doorframe and in the floor which allowed every mosquito in the surrounding area to come in and bite us.

The receptionists were rude and unhelpful. One in particular looked as though she didn't even want to be there!

The breakfast was the worst I've ever had. Cold food that was supposed to be hot, tea was too weak and the coffee tasted awful.

We went out so much to avoid coming back to the room. The only saving grace is that we were quite close to the beach.

Otherwise, please fellow travellers, avoid this place at all costs! This was our first trip to Thailand and it has been completely ruined by this place. If we could have afforded it, we would have left after the first night and booked somewhere else. I cannot for the life of me understand how this place won a prize from Trip Advisor! Something fishy is going on!

If I could, I would give this place no stars!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Sabina_A-P
There are newer reviews for Bill Resort

Reviewed September 22, 2013

So... We had booked Bill resort for 5 days. When we arrived the place (garden, pool, restaurant) looked good, a bit run down, but good. Then we were shown to our rooms. Still looked ok, but thats where it ended. The shower had no curtains or anything, so every time you showered the entire bathroom got soaked. The drain was in the opposite corner of the shower and in pretty bad condition. It took maybe 30 mins before the water had drained. All the lights were hanging out of their "holder" by the cord. The door to the toilet couldnt close, and both in the bathroom and the bedroom, there was some kind of net above the windows, which meant you always heard exactly eeeverything that happened outside since you couldnt close it. To be honest I would have changed hotels if we hadn't booked non refundable. Ok, we booked the cheaper rooms, but still...

All the public areas are good though. And the location on the beach is perfect, which made up for the sh*tty rooms somewhat. Breakfast also was ok.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terese H
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in Bill Resort on the way from our family holiday on Koh Tao. Bill Resort came as a very pleasant surprise.

We were impressed by the cleanliness of the room, the pool and the restaurant. In fact, we were hoping to extend our stay, but couldn't get our flights moved.

If we ever get back to Koh Samui, we'll give Bill Resort another try.

Hopefully, they can do a credit card transaction in the morning by then - the scramble for cash to settle our bill did leave a less than pristine impression.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We arrived at the resort after a long day after coach trip and ferry from Krabi to be faced with an awful resort. We found it very run down and the room we were given was just terrible. Outside our veranda was a stagnant pond with satellite dishes by it. The doors had big gaps and we would have been a feast for the many mosquitos....maybe ok if you were only paying cheap hostel rates but we weren't...

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel D
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Didn't have a bad stay to be honest but hotel could do with an overhaul in general. For the money we paid its not something to get worked up about. Location is pretty good - beach is less than a 30 second stroll and plenty of bars and restaurants along the way. Hotel pool is good. If you're on a budget this is one to consider

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank TravellerOfAll
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Plain and simple resort. Doesnt try too hard, enjoys great beach location.

I really enjoyed my 5 night stay at bill resort. The staff were friendly and helpful and seemed to work every hour of the day.

The position on the beach was Great but the sand was harsh on Your feet - so unless you have hardy feet, wear flippy floppies!

Food for breakfast was buffetstyle and at least one different dish a day. The fruit was plentiful and fresh.

Dinner overlooking the bay was great. The food was fresh and tasty but by no means the best thai id eaten but much better than a pricey resort we tried.

If you want clean, affordable and relaxing accommodation in a great setting then bill is for you!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We went here with fairly low expectations. The pool, beach and restaurant areas surprised us very pleasantly. The beach and pool were clean, there was no one putting towels on subbeds at the crack of dawn, the food was nice and plentiful, drinks were cool and refreshing, staff were pleasant. The one thing I didn't like were 3 or 4 dogs roaming. I think they were pets (one had a collar on)- they didn't really bark and I didn't see any go for anyone but they were inquisitive and didn't really respond to a 'no'.... I didn't like it but other guest petted them...

Free wifi in the reception/pool/restaurant areas. Prob reaches to beach but didn't try. None in the rooms but this wasn't a prob for us (some rooms closer to the reception/pool may have it)

Our room was fine (305), nothing spectacular, we didn't spend much time there. Fairly basic but was clean and had a balcony with clothes dryer. Free bottled water was provided daily. Sheets and towels were changed daily (in my opinion excessive) and all the towels and sheets were fresh and clean. They gave you towels for the room and also for beach/pool (with a handy bag to carry them!). I'm sure some of the more modern rooms are nicer, but I loved our bungalow in the trees (almost felt like a tree house).. A few steps to get up but for us not a problem. Really felt like we were in the jungle and felt very private.

The sea was a bit cloudy to snorkel, as is the same along lamai and chaweng. Really nice spot though. Definitely worth getting up for a sunrise as east facing.

There is a great cake shop close by called lolamui, also found on trip advisor. Well worth a visit. Also Kob Thai is walking distance, and delicious for dinner. The hotel will take you there for 200bt

We found food at bills great, especially the chicken and coconut soup and for pudding banana in coconut milk. Breakfast was great - just enough choice to find something you wanted. Watermelon and pineapple and bananas just amazing.

So, I'd definitely return here / recommend to a friend on a budget. If I had a bit more to spend I might go somewhere a bit smaller, but that's just a personal preference. Definitely great value for money. Don't expect the world and you'll probably be more than happy here in your hols if all you want to do is unwind and relax - that's exactly what we did.

• Stayed: July 2013
#34 of 63 in Maret
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
#22 of 51 in Lamai Beach

Been to Bill Resort? Share your experiences!