Open today: 6:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Súper recomendable

First time ever going to Thailand to train. My coach trained there and everyone form the team who... read more

Reviewed December 27, 2019
emilioV1986
Awesome

Had a fab two weeks here, getting fitter and the people are amazing! Great results and enjoyable... read more

Reviewed November 19, 2019
hannahm834
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Lamai Beach
from $15.07
More Info
All reviews great results two weeks weight loss billy belief crossfit training program classes coach trainers health beginners massage
Selected filters
Reviewed February 11, 2017

I spent a challenging and gratifying two weeks at Lamai Fitness in January 2017. I hadn’t been consistent with exercise in years and wanted to jump-start 2017 so I’d get back into a consistent work out routine. Enter: Lamai Fitness (referred by a friend who went and loved it). I was terrified, excited and didn’t know what to expect. Prior to my visit, from our first email communication, Billy Orr, Head Fitness Coach, was prompt with his responses and immediately started supporting/encouraging me. Fitness routine (Monday – Friday): cardio (morning), yoga (M, W, F morning) and HIIT (afternoon). Each day was different so you never got bored. The trainers tailored parts of each workout to ones abilities and it was a very supportive environment – not competitive (with each other) at all. Each day was filled with a new challenge – physical AND mental, and I couldn’t have done it without Jason Stamatovski, Personal Trainer, by my side. He was constantly encouraging me and got me through many workouts – a huge support. The clientele was a mixture of those wanting to get back into shape to triathletes. The people I met were incredible and I made friends for life! I enjoyed the nutrition program that complemented the fitness. Wild Tribe, Lamai’s partner vegan café next door, had delicious food and friendly staff. Felt like a community! The accommodations were clean and comfortable; enough downtime to recuperate from the workouts; laundry 20 feet away; good massage place across the street. I left feeling stronger, more confident and down a few kilos/inches! I was proud of myself!! Highly recommend Lamai Fitness!

billylamaifitness, Owner at Lamai Fitness, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2019

Reviewed February 1, 2017

Great experience. Billy and Jason are brilliant trainers and great guys. Helped keep me motivated throughout and gave me good advice on improving my diet. Helped me reach my goals and have learned valuable lessons for continuing a healthy life in the future.

Reviewed January 31, 2017

This is my 2nd time training at Lamai Fitness while staying at the Visit Natural Detox Resort! The training is amazing with incredible trainers! You do cardio in the mornings in form of swimming, biking, running, running hills or hiking! Evening sessions are either Xfit or weights! I love going here because I know that I will be pushed to my limits while having a great time with amasing people!

Date of experience: February 2017

Reviewed January 12, 2017 via mobile

Lamai Fitness is a strength and conditioning unit run by Billy Orr, an ex-pat from the UK replete with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

I rocked up, unprepared, in my flip-flops.

Billy: you got trainers?
Me: erm, back at my hotel
Billy: well go get them then
Me: ok.

I nearly died three times that night with 45 hill sprints, burpees, squats, and the rest that followed, but I was hooked. I was being pushed beyond my comfort training zone and was loving it. There's something about working hard for someone who wants to train you, if you give them 100% they will give it back. The relationship is two-way.

And to make things even better, the people I was training alongside were a complete pleasure to sweat my guts out with. They really were. We were from all walks of life: a PR officer, a cross-fitter, a landscape gardener, an accountant, a teacher, and me. I loved being part of this group - I felt encouraged and part of a team.

I trained twice a day for the best part of 10 days, and I got out of bed to get to the 7am classes and returned again at 5pm - because of Billy, my team mates and the anticipation of what was in store for training. By day three I took the infamous 'detox drink' and would highly recommend anyone thinking of training to do this. It will cost you around $2 and has - pretty much - the same benefits to cleaning your body as a 7 day fast. By day six I could see the physical changes to my body shape. (I was also eating clean).

I took part in the group classes and would highly recommend these to anyone; running, triathlon training, strength and conditioning - great motivation, great inspiration and a great sweat-on! Good music pumping as you workout.

When I'm in Thailand I normally train in Chalong, Phuket - but next time, I come back, I'll be coming back to Lamai Fitness.

Date of experience: March 2016

Reviewed December 7, 2016

I have visited and trained with Lamai Fitness several times over the past few years. As a New Yorker who lives a work hard play hard life, fitness holidays really work with my lifestyle where I can work out, lose weight and have some downtime at the same time. I have trained with Billy, the owner of Lamai Fitness several times and he is great. He instantly puts you at ease, you discuss your goals up front and develop a plan for the week to meet these. No two days are ever the same, so you definitely don’t get bored and the work outs are a good balance of cardio and weight training. It’s also a mixed group of people of all levels, there are some hard core fitness fanatics combined with total beginners, so whatever your fitness level is you don’t have to worry about being able to keep up as the team are very good about adapting the sessions to the different levels in the group. On my most recent trip I trained with Jason Stamatovski who is one of the newest trainers to join the team. Jason was so down to earth and friendly that it didn’t feel like a work out at all and more like I was training with a friend. One thing I should add to all of the girls reading this review is that the website may look a little intimidating but that’s not the case, the guys are so friendly and they really do cater to people from all walks of life who are looking to make a lifestyle change, and as a solo female traveler I was 100% comfortable. I can’t wait to return and stay at the Natural Detox Resort that Billy has recently opened that is adjacent to the fitness center and combine the work outs with a tailored detox program. In summary, it’s a great place to have a healthy vacation and see quite dramatic results in as little as a week.

Date of experience: July 2016