This was our second new years holiday at Lamai Wanta. Last year we splurged on a beach bungalow, but this year we got a deluxe room for 12 days. The only difference (apart from size) was the proximity to the beach. Just like last year the staff were excellent, always helpful and thoughtful (they changed our room from the 2nd floor to the ground floor when i hurt my ankle so i didn't have to climb the stairs and i didn't even have to ask). The airport pick up service was a godsend and on time.
The location, i think, is the best in Lamai Beach. It is on a really nice stretch of the beach close to beach bars and beach massage places. There were more beach walkers selling their wares this year but all you have to do is say no thanks, they are not permitted in the resort grounds and they aren't pushy.
The resort is 5 minutes from the main road for all your shopping, drinking and eating needs. We ate mostly from the night food market and one or two other places. The resort does have its own restaurant which is quite reasonable for the service and quality you get. The bar has buy 2 get 1 free happy hour daily from 4pm to 6pm (cocktail list please!).
Our room was cleaned daily with new towels every day if required. The pool was always clean and plenty of towels, sun lounges and umbrellas.
Breakfast is included (unless you request otherwise). Whilst we were there they changed from an a-la-carte style to a buffet which i though was more efficient than ordering and waiting, plus there was more variety.
Free Wi-Fi is available (just get the password from the office) but you kind of have to find a 'sweet' spot in the gardens or on your verandah for it work really well. But for free it is hardly a hardship.
This years new years eve dinner (compulsory for most resorts you stay in samui) was an entire evening of thai dancing, lucky draws (for drink/food vouchers), a cheesy cover band (which were pretty dire but not the resorts fault) and a massive buffet of endless food including lobster!!
This place is great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fun, flowers, smile and momentums of happiness is all about our boutique beach resort “Lamai Wanta Beach Resort”.Located at the main coast of Lamai, at the heart of Koh Samui. Lamai Wanta provides a perfect atmosphere to rejuvenate your soul, reward a floral holiday, recharge your batteries and relax at the most cozy private beach of Lamai Wanta. The Boutique Resorts offer 74 most convenient room on floral theme with plush amenities and spacious size of bed. A floral sunbath, and smile therapies are just a few activity to name about, but lots to see when you are here. Reawaken your freshness of mind with the subtle rhythms of waves softly lapping the pristine aroma of herbs and flower. Enjoy the warmness of hospitality Lamai Wanta Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lamai Wanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamai Wanta Hotel Lamai Beach
- Lamai Wanta Beach
- Lamai Wanta Hotel Beach
- Lamai Wanta Ko Samui/Lamai Beach