The Lamai Wanta was a last moment booking, as we had to change hotels. When we arrived we were greeted with big smiles and a very fast check in service and shown to our room 505. The room was clean and tasteful, with a balcony safe box, fridge, tv (not flat screen) DVD player which you can hire movies from reception free of charge.
The grounds are clean with many plants and trees to give some shade from the sun. The swimming is a good size, but if it feels crowded you can retreat to the beach, but be warned you will get hassled but people selling ice creams, massagers ect.
The restaurant serves some very nice food, some pricey but worth it. The only thing that I really didn't like about the Lamai Wanta was the wifi. You are given a code to log on, and all you have to do is find the strongest signal and log on to it. The wifi would often drop out, for instants on the iPad if you locked the screen the Internet would go and you would have to log again with the username and password which is most frustrating, I would not recommend using Skype.
Other then that a very pleasant hotel. If your in need of a good place to eat then I would go to the bikini bar, which is serves Jamaican food as well as Thai, a very good restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fun, flowers, smile and momentums of happiness is all about our boutique beach resort “Lamai Wanta Beach Resort”.Located at the main coast of Lamai, at the heart of Koh Samui. Lamai Wanta provides a perfect atmosphere to rejuvenate your soul, reward a floral holiday, recharge your batteries and relax at the most cozy private beach of Lamai Wanta. The Boutique Resorts offer 74 most convenient room on floral theme with plush amenities and spacious size of bed. A floral sunbath, and smile therapies are just a few activity to name about, but lots to see when you are here. Reawaken your freshness of mind with the subtle rhythms of waves softly lapping the pristine aroma of herbs and flower. Enjoy the warmness of hospitality Lamai Wanta Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Lamai Wanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamai Wanta Hotel Lamai Beach
- Lamai Wanta Beach
- Lamai Wanta Hotel Beach
- Lamai Wanta Ko Samui/Lamai Beach