My wife and I recently enjoyed seven fabulous nights at the Beach Republic Residences. We spent four nights in the deluxe suite followed by three nights in the modern one bedroom pool villa. Both offer all the amenities one would need and Beach Republic took no exception to the quality, design and layout of these units. These units are very spacious and you never feel like you are living in tight quarters our out of your suitcase as with most places.
The staff here is top notch and go out of their way to make sure you are enjoying your stay. I can easily state that the staff at Beach Republic (including the drivers, front office, house keeping, managers, wait staff and even the security guard) was by far the best I have ever encountered at any place I have ever stayed. This was our first trip to Thailand and we found the Thais to be very friendly in nature, but Beach Republic went over the top.
One slight drawback for some may be the location since the town is not within walking distance. The town of Lamai is a short 5-10 minute (200 Baht) drive and Chaweng is about 20 minutes (400 Baht) . Others, however, may find this attractive since you are removed from some of the hustle and bustle; i.e. street noise, traffic, jet skis, etc.
If you chose to stay elsewhere in Samui, please do yourself and favor and at least hit Beach Republic up for their Sunday brunch session. This is definitely the highlight of their Beach Club. This is not your typical buffet and it includes tasty lobster, crab, sushi, Thai and Mediterranean foods, desserts, and much more. They have a DJ spinning good tunes at just the right volume that it is not too loud and obnoxious nor too quite that puts you to sleep. I would suggest calling ahead to reserve a table our lounge chair as I saw many tables reserved in the morning. I believe they even offer free pick up service if you are not staying with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in your choice of deluxe one, two or four bedroom villas, stunning penthouses, and spacious suites. The villas and the penthouses have private chemical and salt water-free pools and all units are afforded the comforts of home with kitchens, coffee and tea making facilities, iPod docks, and free WiFi in every room. Guests enjoy privileged access to Samui's premier beach destination - the Beach Republic Ocean Club featuring fine dining, superb wines, fitness room, and the Asian Fusion Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Beach Republic The Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Republic The Residences Hotel Lamai Beach
- Beach Republic The Residences Ko Samui/Lamai Beach