Our family of five just spent 3 blissful nights in a 2-bedroom pool villa at Beach Republic, and we wish we could've stayed longer! Our villa was simply perfect, with outdoor bathrooms, shower, and living areas, and inside bedrooms with air-con and very nice sheets. My three kids fit easily in the upstairs room, complete with built-in twin bed and double bed, and they enjoyed having their own TV complete with children's channels. The landscaping around the pool was very beautiful and well-kept, and the large pool was refreshing and deep enough to swim comfortably in. A covered bed for lounging was adjacent to the pool, the couch made a comfy reading spot, and there was also a wooden dining table. Beer, wine, and snacks were stocked in the fridge, and there was even a gourmet espresso maker. Bonus: every evening at 5:00, friendly staff delivered mini desserts to our room--yummy!
In the community areas, the large pool was very inviting, surrounded by ample sun chairs, umbrellas, and several covered beds facing the ocean available for hotel guests. We set up camp on one of these, and enjoyed the beautiful ocean views while keeping an easy eye on our kids playing in the sand below or in the pool behind. A call button facilitated ordering food and drinks--perfect! (I also noticed a few families with babies that were happy to be enjoying this covered "refuge" from the sun, a spot to nap and play up off of the sand.)
My husband and I took turns visiting the onsite spa, and both of us were very pleased. I chose the "Asian Fusion" package and came away very relaxed! The food in the stylish restaurant was also very good. We LOVED especially the red curry and soft shell crab. Both Eastern and Western options satisfied even our picky eaters, and the long cocktail menu left us feeling happy.
We would definitely recommend this boutique hotel to anyone that wants to enjoy a quieter spot on Koh Samui. Tucked away in the northern beaches of Lamai, this resort delivers fabulous Thai hospitality with a modern, relaxed vibe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in your choice of deluxe one, two or four bedroom villas, stunning penthouses, and spacious suites. The villas and the penthouses have private chemical and salt water-free pools and all units are afforded the comforts of home with kitchens, coffee and tea making facilities, iPod docks, and free WiFi in every room. Guests enjoy privileged access to Samui's premier beach destination - the Beach Republic Ocean Club featuring fine dining, superb wines, fitness room, and the Asian Fusion Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beach Republic The Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Republic The Residences Hotel Lamai Beach
- Beach Republic The Residences Ko Samui/Lamai Beach