Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
KiwiAustralia
Blenheim, New Zealand

Another wonderful holiday at Beach Republic

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 17, 2013via mobile
Out 4th wonderful year staying here in a modern pool villa.
Having watched Beach Republic grow we continue to see many improvements.
We love the location at the far end of Lamai Beach it is close to the main beach at Lamai but far enough away to have the peace and quiet. Chewang is just over the hill and one of the great improvements this year was Beach Republic has put on free shuttles to both these places. We are there for 4 weeks so we choose to rent a car which gives us the freedom to try many other places. This is another option if you are staying for a longer period of time.
The new DJ this year plays good music and seems to pick the mood pretty well.
Clare the new Restaurant Manager is a wonderful addition to the team.
The all day menu is excellent and provides variety and excellent quality food for a reasonable price.
They continue to do their happy hour 2 for one between 5pm and 7pm which is great. It is a lovely time of the day to chill out on one of the beautiful day beds in one of the most idyllic settings on the Island.
Already planning for next year thankyou Beach Republic and the team.

4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Jul 20, 2013
Dear Family W. Thank you for your continuous support and as always it was great to have you as our guests. Clare and DJ Dan are great additions to the team and we are very happy to have them. We will keep pushing and hope that we can show you an even better Beach Republic next year. Thank you again and welcome back.
$357
    $60
    $64
1.3 miles from Beach Republic The Residences
Free parking
The best boutique hotel in Koh Samui where guests enjoy panoramic views from every room.
$242
    $653
    $737
0.4 miles from Beach Republic The Residences
View more hotels in Lamai Beach
All reviews club suite bedroom penthouse private pool massage sunbeds
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My Family and I have just returned from what we consider the best family holiday we are ever experienced!!! We cannot fault a single thing wrong with this stunning Resort! The accommodation, facilities, food and the staff service was outstanding! We had the pleasure of staying 10 nights in a Tropical Pool Villa with our own private infinity pool. Our two daughters (aged 7 & 8) were thrilled with the Villa as they had what they referred to as their own private "Princess Unit" upstairs with all their own amenities. This gave my husband and I some relaxing "parent down time" lounging on our own Bali bed by our pool enjoying a lovely & relaxing beverage. The purpose of this holiday was to celebrate our 10-year Wedding Anniversary, therefore my family and I put alot of thought into picking that special resort & venue. I would have to say after staying in 5 star resorts all through South East Asia, Bali, Vanuatu, Fiji and various Resorts at The Great Barrier Reef, this Resort by far surpassed all of them! My family and I were planning on going skiing for our next holiday however after staying at The Beach Republic, I think any other Resort may be a disappointment. As a Family we love to travel to different destinations within Australia and overseas regularly and we have never stayed at the same Resort twice. However, I think we may have to break this tradition as we will be definitely returning to The Beach Republic, hopefully in the not too distant future as we have fallen in love with Koh Samui and The Beach Republic!!! The list of positive things that I could say about this Resort would be too lengthy but on behalf of my family and I, we would like to thank The General Manager of Beach Republic Daniel and also the gentleman who is the owner of Beach Republic (who we had the pleasure of meeting both and would often see them both casually walking around the Resort chatting to guests). A big thank you also to the fantastic Beach Republic staff/team for making our 10 Year Wedding Anniversary very special but for also making this the very best holiday my family and I have ever experienced! A personal thank you to Clare in F & B for going above and beyond in assisting us no matter how minor the request. Aei in Front Office Reception for loaning my two daughters IPads and then loading their favourite games on for them and then installing a Wii with 80 games in their room (free of charge!!) Lek and Meg in F&B for your beautiful service, hospitality and teaching my two daughters some of the Thai language. Both my daughters still practice their Thai everyday from the notes you wrote for them.

If you are looking for a fanastic holiday I would highly recommend The Beach Republic as the place to go!! In summary, "Our favourite holiday destination" 5-stars all the way!!! Can't wait for our return trip!!

Room tip: All the Pool Villas or the Presidential Villa are stunning & very private.
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Claudine B
BeachRepublicGM, General Manager at Beach Republic The Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Family B. Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write this overwhelming review. It means a lot to the team that we were able to make your family so happy. It was of course a big responsibility to be a part of your 10 year wedding anniversary and I am pleased that it was enjoyed so much by both parents and children alike. Your comments ranking us above many 5 star resorts at exclusive destinations around the world are extremely flattering. I believe what makes Beach Republic unique is the combination of high quality villas and apartments, a sophisticated - yet unpretentious and fun atmosphere, and a willingness, and indeed eagerness, by the staff to go the extra mile for our guests. Since your daughters are so interested in Thailand and its language I have an idea how to make something really special for them on your next visit. Welcome back and thank you again!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed in a modern pool villa. This was ideal as we were travelling with our teenage daughter. She loved the upstairs room & the privacy it gave her. We used the pool quite often, but it gets very hot in the courtyard during the day so lying there wasn't pleasant. We liked to be by the main pool during the days we stayed in the resort. Every single staff member was extremely friendly. They couldn't do enough for you. The service always came with a smile. The pool boys won't even let you place your own towel on the pool beds!
Some previous comments were that it wasn't central enought. If you want to be where the "action" is then it isn't the place for you. It doesn't take long to get into the local towns & it is nice to be able to get away from all the hustle. We didn't want to be in town so this was ideal.
The Sunday Brunch is great with a huge variety that would suit everyone. The vibe around the pool is great for the day.
The DJ played quite often from about 1pm. The choice of music is great.
Every evening at about 6pm a small dessert was bought to the room. This was a nice treat.
Our room was cleaned efficiently every day. As a previously mentioned the towels were not always replaced when taken. For some reason this always seemed to be the hand towels. There was never a hand towel left in the separate toilet. When requested the towels were bought to the room quickly.
The breakfasts were good. We weren't so impressed with ordering your cooked options. It was hit & miss most days as the orders were either not right or took ages to come out. If you like fresh hot tost with you eggs, this is hard to co-ordinate. Once the order came the food was very nice.
The only real issue we had was a night light in the pool. It didn't come on at all for the first 2 nights. It came on about 6.30 & was on a timer & didn't go off until the morning. The light looked great in the pool, but it also shone under the curtains in the bedroom lighting the whole room. We had to ask to have it turned off every night. This happened most nights but there was an odd night when it wasn't turned off. I did point this out to the manager so I am sure the timing will be changed to turn the light off after a few hours.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay. Highly recommended for those who want to stay at a quieter high quality property where there is excellent service. Pool villas great for families.

Date of stay: July 2013

Thank you for such a good review! Your positive comments are great and we are proud that we were able to provide such a great holiday. It is interesting to see how we are sometimes labeled as being a loud environment and sometimes a quiet one. Of course this depends somewhat on the person, but I think we are both - for example, the Sunday Sessions brunch has a very different feel than a romantic dinner on say a Tuesday evening. DJ Dan will be happy to hear the positive comments about him and our pool boys are great! It makes me really happy to hear how you mention our staff in general! The towels were an issue and I'm really sorry about that. With even more towels and a new laundry supplier that we started with on 1st July we will be able to get our laundry earlier and then be able to replace ALL towels while we are doing housekeeping service. Thank you for letting me know about the pool light issue. The manager you talked to reported it to me and we will do our best to solve the problem. Firstly, we will make sure the blinds are fitting correctly so no light comes through. Secondly, we need to sort out an easier way for our guests to turn on and off the pool lights when ever they want. Built in timers are not ideal if you want a romantic midnight swim with the pool lights on. We are still fine tuning our breakfast and we will get it up to top standard very soon...no excuses here, we just need to continue to get better. Thank you again and you are welcome back anytime. Please let us know when you return as we try to treat our returning guests!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Despite a couple remarks, I would recommend all my friends to stay here if visiting Samui. The quality was of the highest standard I have seen in Thailand, just as the restaurant and pool service. We stayed in the Presidential suite, which was pricy, but well worth the money. I did notice a couple of things that are fit for improvement. First off, our swimming pool was getting dirty after 2 days. In the 7 nights we stayed, it had to be cleaned due to algae twice. I didn't feel that cleaning the water really tackled the issue, as the steps of the pool contained the algae, and didn't get cleaned. Secondly, housekeeping should replace dirty towels, and not just take them away. I feel we had to call for new towels way too often, because our used towels did not get replaced. Granted, when we called, towels were delivered immediately, no questions asked. And finally, I read some good comments about the security. While these comments are certainly justified for the daytime security, I did not feel that there was anything close to security at night. Burglars can just walk in and out as they please, without being spotted by any personnel. I feel that 2 persons helping you to drive around the corner is a bit abundant, and feel these resources are better spent on night time security.

That said, I would also like to highlight the pleasant things of Beach Republic, which certainly dominated my stay. As said, the service is top notch, and I would like to give a special mention to Lin, the pool boy who served us incredibly well during our stay. During happy hour, the second cocktail is there once the first is done. The food is also of excellent quality, I appreciated the a la carte breakfast next to the buffet, and the Sunday Brunch is also well worth the money. I would have appreciated prices to be all inclusive, but this might only be a nuisance for European guests. As for the rest, excellent facilities, excellent staff, excellent service. And i like the whole republic theme that is being applied in all communication :). It's quite a distance from Chaweng, but I'd stay here again and again.

Room tip: The villa 105 is excellent, the ground floor rooms are bigger
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
BeachRepublicGM, General Manager at Beach Republic The Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Reviewer, thank you for your generous 5 star review. You have made some interesting comments and I thank you for taking the time to write. I'm so sorry about the quality of the water in your villa pool. We struggled with a problem in that particular unit and had to use external pool cleaners to compensate for a malfunctioning filter system. Thank you for your patience. We are working on getting even more towels ordered and are fine tuning earlier deliveries of fresh towels with our new laundry company that we started to use from 1st July. I'm confident that this will solve the issue that you and other guests had in respect to a lack of replaced towels. Please accept my apologies for the issue with the towels - it's not acceptable for you to have to call for towels. Our daytime security can sometimes be a bit over the top, but they are there to make sure our guests are absolutely safe. Its crucial to make sure cars are parked correctly and our guests excursion transportation is managed so there is no disturbance to other guests. Our night security can occasionally be less attentive, but from high points and strategic angles we do cover all areas. We also use many lights and our system for camera surveillance is very advanced and monitored by a security officer during the night. We will only interact if the pattern is unusual with a person or group. Our experienced team can easily tell the difference between someone snooping around and someone heading back to their room. Your point is well taken and our presence should be a bit more obvious to make you as a guest feel more safe. Again, I'm very happy for your comments and kind words. Please let me know if you ever come back and I make sure we do something special for you. Thank you!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

It's maybe 20 mins from the airport but even the drive will entertain you.
The staff are really helpful and you can't but help but notice the security which those with kids is very reassuring , not only for the obvious but also traffic moving moving into the resort.
The villas with pools are just fantastic. A great way to start the day and a dip before dinner.
Don't be shy on Sunday to join in their Sunday special deal. Best to have a look yourself.
Great local restaurants not too far away. Good luck.

Room tip: A rental car is very useful, supermarket etc,not far away
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BeachRepublicGM, General Manager at Beach Republic The Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you dear reviewer! We do our best to entertain our guests from the moment our driver picks them up at the airport. Booking a transfer with us is about the same price as a regular taxi, but we offer quality vehicles, driver meet up with name sign, and an ever-popular welcome pack that includes a map, cold towel and free flow soft drinks, water and alcoholic beverages during the transfer. Thank you for mentioning our security guys, pool villas and our signature day Sunday Sessions Brunch in a positive way. The staff here all really do put in a tremendous amount of effort and it's wonderful when this is recognized by our guests. It would be great if you can come back to join us again in the not so distant future. Please let us know so that we can arrange something special for you on your return. Thanks again!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

great place, great staff but too far away from the action a taxie ride everywhere, beach is not a great one to rocky, and not good sand. not really a place for kids, and if you want to be in the action this is not the place

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
BeachRepublicGM, General Manager at Beach Republic The Residences, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear reviewer. This is a very interesting review and will be of great help for many travelers. I was thrilled to see that you rated us excellent on service, value, cleanliness and rooms, but I was disappointed to see that you weren't pleased with our location because it is 'too far from the action'. On the point of location, to a certain extent I agree with you. If you need to be immediately next door to hundreds of souvenir shops, internet cafes, McDonald's, Starbucks, etc. then we are not the place for you - and to be quite frank, most of our guests are more than happy not to be in the middle of all of that. However, if you enjoy the convenience of these businesses, but don't want to be surrounded by them, then Beach Republic has an excellent location. We are just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Lamai town and about a 20 minute drive to the center of Chaweng. This means that you can enjoy the unique atmosphere of the Beach Club while being close enough to head into town when you're in the mood. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave a review here. If you return to Samui please come down to visit us on our signature days - Wednesday Asian Buffet and Sunday Sessions Brunch when we are usually quite busy with a fantastic atmosphere.