“Amazing, beautiful, & lovely staff”

Beach Republic The Residences
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Lamai Beach
“Amazing, beautiful, & lovely staff”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I got married here, and I felt I was treated very special, staff were lovely and really friendly, room was beautiful and clean, & my wedding ceremony was as perfect as I hoped it would be, had an amazing time and would highly recommend it to anyone, hope to return one day maybe for our anniversary!!!

• Stayed May 2013
BeachRepublicGM, General Manager at Beach Republic The Residences, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Short but sweet dear reviewer! We are so happy we made your big day a good one. Team Julie, Clare and Chef Eric always do their best...backed of course by a wonderful and dedicated supporting cast. Inspired by a real hospitality mentality, our team always do their best and it feels really good to get comments like yours. Thank you very much for choosing us for your wedding and holiday. Welcome back and as a returning guest we will make sure you get something special...as you say maybe on your anniversary! Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Arrived at Beach Republic for some relaxation after a whirlwind European Tour.
Well, relax is certainly what we did! Check-in was smooth and our room was superb, (one bedroom superior suite) Large living area, separate kitchen, large bedroom with excellent bathroom and double outdoor terrace with lounges and table.
Overall excellent value at the rate we paid.
Off we go to check out “the beach club” after a short stroll from our suite we were welcomed by very friendly staff members, who proudly showed us around.
All the facilities - pools, salas and lounge chairs facing the sea were very inviting.
Being Saturday we enjoyed the “Soul Session” music being played by the very talented and knowledgeable resident DJ into cocktail happy hour at 5pm. After numerous 2 for 1 cocktails and some great soul music we had dinner poolside and were very happy with the food and service provided to us. Retired after a very big day and there was more to come!
Sunday sessions at Beach republic are very well regarded and now I know why! Went beachside at 11am and found a well positioned sala by the pool opposite the DJ booth and after receiving credit to our account for breakfast not taken; they issued our wrist band passes and included first drink. We were amazed at the array of food presented to us, station after station of 5 star hotel quality food. Hot/Cold Appetisers, Seafood, BBQ, Roasts, Curries, Salads just to name a few, then came dessert! Highlights for me were Smoked Mackerel, Fish Curry, BBQ Salmon Plaa and the desserts. The music played by Session DJ was outstanding and I was impressed with his skills at the console. No stupid voiceover, no back announcements, just good, engaging chillout, ambient house into soulful house and up-tempo nu disco nu funk tracks, a very uplifting session.
There always seemed to be some activity beachside, weddings, parties, music even fireworks! We didn’t leave the compound for nearly 3 days. Feeling totally relaxed we went out to explore the local area. Lamai Village with shopping and bars-restaurants and on the leeward side of the hill, Silver Beach an excellent spot for a swim, only a short trip by scooter. Overall an excellent stay with special mentions to all the staff who greet you with a smile or a salute as you pass. Recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer. The team is so happy and proud to read your comments. Thank you for noticing the hard work that we have done in making sure our guests feel welcome and in making sure that our guests are shown around all areas of the resort on arrival. Our in house DJ...DJ Dan was all smiles after reading your review. It means a lot to people working here when our guests are happy. We are always striving to improve and with that in mind, we listen to all feedback and discuss in our daily meetings. Our weekends are famous with Sunday being our signature day when guests enjoy the recently expanded Sunday Sessions brunch. I'm really happy that you liked it! Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon!
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

All I have to say is WOW. This place is like paradise. I didn't want to leave. We will definitely be back. I stayed in a 1 bedroom penthouse apartment with a pool on the balcony. My parents stayed in a 2 bedroom penthouse with a pool on the balcony also. Both the rooms were immaculate and stunningly impressive. From the sleek fittings of the interior, to the pool on the balcony, to the views. This place was second to none. I've stayed in some nice places, but Beach Republic certainly takes the cake. The house keeping staff were always available & did a fantastic job cleaning our room every day. The little dessert treat every evening was a big winner with myself as well.

I actually got married there during our stay. Julie the Resident Manager was fantastic with her service. She was on top of everything. I didn't have to worry about a thing. She organised everything from the flowers, to the setting to the hair & make up. Our day was perfect & I couldn't have asked for more. It was a little too windy to have our ceremony on the beach, so Julie had everything moved to a private second level patio overlooking the water. It was absolutely stunning. I actually preferred it over a beach ceremony. She also organised a 4 course dinner for us & my family afterwards. The food was amazing. It was like being in our own private 5 star restaurant.

The Beach Club & restaurant were also fantastic. The service of the staff was cheerful, quick & professional. Everyone on the team was fantastic. Clare the Assistant Resident Manager was also amazing. She was very attentive & went out of her way to make sure we were all happy & enjoying our time. We spent alot of time in the Club, drinking cocktails, listening to the resident DJ & swimming in the pool. It was truly like living in paradise. I was sad to leave.

AND I can't forget the Sunday Sessions lunch buffet. It was incredible. I've never had a buffet like it. It was so fresh & delicious. I ate soooo much food & couldn't help but try as much of the decadent & extravagant food as possible.

Overall we couldn't have asked for any more. Everything from the rooms, to the service to the atmosphere was perfect. I will definitely be back. We have already decided to have a family holiday there every year.

Thankyou so much for such a wonderful experience.

1 Thank SarahDavis229
Dear reviewer. Thank you so much for staying with us and allowing Beach Republic to be a part of your big day. It makes me very happy to read your review. I am happy to see that Clare and Julie are both mentioned - they both do a very good job here. I am sure they were all smiles reading your review - it's wonderful when all the hard work is recognized by guests. You also give the whole team an excellent review and that makes me very proud. Thank you very much and I can assure you that we will strive to do even better on your next visit (where you can expect a special surprise)! Thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed May 30, 2013

So look, this place is really nice. Great pool, great loungers....DJ every day playing good tunes. The service from the guys looking after you around the pool is nothing short of awesome! Free wireless (good speed), free airport or hotel transfers, great setting in pool area and the best toilets in Thailand (behind the main restaurant)!

What let it down for us was small things. We had a two room apartment with its own pool. And it was really nice. Key issues were the plumbing, terrible. We had to get the drains pumped out every day. The keys didn't all work and it took a bit effort to get them sorted, in a two bedroom apartment why do you need 3 or 4 different keys anyway? Every day, at least one of our breakfasts was wrong. The iPod dock on our stereo didn't work (we tried 5 different devices).

The flip side to the annoying things are that the service was pretty attentive and hard to fault, but they just lacked the slickness of somewhere like the Centara round the corner in Chaweng.

Location wise, if you are happy to stay in the resort the whole time you will be happy. But if you prefer to break out in to town, its not walking distance. However they do have a free shuttle service (limited hours) and we never waited more than a few minutes for a tuk tuk or a taxi o take us down the road....cheap and easy! We never used the free service and had no problem using transport from the road.

We enjoyed our time here, and its a nice place. A really nice place in fact, would we stay there again? Probably not, but more so because we prefer Chaweng Beach than for any other reason. If we were staying in Lamai again then we would absolutely stay again. I feel bad only giving it a "Very Good", but I just didn't think they deserved an excellent. You may very well find that they are excellent.

Room Tip: As to couples travelling we really enjoyed the contemporary to bedroom unit with our own pool. We o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BeachRepublicGM, General Manager at Beach Republic The Residences, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review here. I'm pleased that you really enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues with the plumbing. This has been resolved and we are waiting for parts to be shipped in from abroad for a permanent fix. I'm not sure what you mean in that the keys didn't work. Please note that there are multiple keys for doors within the apartment for safety and security reasons. I wish that you had called front office to let them know about the iPod dock - they would have brought you a cable or had it switched for you in an instant. Breakfast was just switched to a buffet and á la carte offering at the time that you stayed with us. During these few first days there may have been a few errors as the staff became accustomed to the new system and I do apologize for this. Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to leave your review here. I do hope that you give us one more chance to show you that we can be not just Very Good, but Excellent!
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

It was probably one of my favourite places to stay on our exploration of Thailand. Just loved the relaxed vibe next to the beach, great music from the DJ Dan Cook and was always good to have a few beers during happy hour.

Rooms were great, spacious, luxury and the bed was very comfy. Ate a couple of times in the restaurant and the food was lovely and not over-priced.

Pool party was good on the Saturday, just a shame we missed the Sunday Sessions as we moved on to another island.

Overall, very good hotel/resort, a little bit of distance from the main hustle streets, but good if you don’t want to be near it.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Would stay here again..All staff were excellent..friendly .
My son got married in this resort..organised so well untill the last minute..thanks to All involved
The wedding ceremony,the fire dance performer,the fire works,the dj..etc
Also the guest's that made the whole afternoon through the night..Again..Thank You Thank You Thank You..

• Stayed May 2013
Zambia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We visited Beach Republic in November 2012 and I did have a few complaints, mostly concerning the service and staff appearance. Oh yeah, and the restaurant, too.

However, in May 2013, I could clearly see that a lot of improvement had been made!
We were welcomed back very friendly and we had a marvelous holiday. I wouldn't ever want to stay anywhere else in Ko Samui!

And saying this, I really mean PERFECT. We were traveling with 2 young kids, and I can say that demands of both generations of our family were fully met. My kids had a lot of fun in the pools and at the beach. Whereas my husband and I could enjoy the dj-sets and cocktails, and also the Spa (oh my.. that massage, I just can't forget it! in 4 years of my life in Thailand - I've never had anything like it!!). It may seem that Beach Republic is not a family place, but it will be, if you want it to!

And yeah, those funky grooves, stylish decor and sexy atmosphere make it all surreal!
We stayed at the 1 bedroom deluxe with a jacuzzi tub on the balcony, which was great. I also appreciated a lot when the receptionist offered us to use the existing bedding in the room for our kids to avoid extra costs because of the extra bed. This is very rare it Thailand, where most tourist-related places try to catch any chance to earn money, forgetting about the true value of relationship between people, and also care for the customers. It made our day!

After about 3 days, we discovered, that our neighbors were party-folks (which we were too a few years ago before having kids!) and they discovered that our kids woke up at 5.30 every day. So we were unwillingly disturbing each others holidays. And here again, came the valuable and kind attitude of the management, which upgraded us to a truly luxurious two-bedroom penthouse free of charge for the remaining 3 nights in order to make our stay as comfortable as possible!! And well.. the penthouse.. it's just stunning, luxury and high quality in every detail (cutlery, kitchen appliances, toiletries, bed linen, books....). You should just try it. You will never regret it, trust me!

A few words about the restaurant.. Since we've switched to a raw vegan diet (i.e. only raw fruit/veg/nuts), we've only tried it for breakfast, we had the rest of our meals on our huge balcony.

Every now and then my hubby and I were just looking at each other and saying "Wow, we're in the middle of the most beautiful holiday we've had in years!
Anyway.. words are nothing, just come and check it out!

We love Beach Republic!!!

Room Tip: Two-bedroom penthouse is the absolute score!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BeachRepublicGM, General Manager at Beach Republic The Residences, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
It just feels great to receive comments like this from an experienced reviewer like you and on top of that a returning guest. We are constantly striving to improve and it's really nice to see that you can feel and see the changes. It makes me extra happy and proud that you mentioned our customer care and attitude. We have been working on these areas a lot and I can honestly say that we are now a team of hospitality professionals that all know the importance of happy guests and who constantly work diligently to make sure that our guests enjoy their time with us. We are still not perfect, but we are always doing our best and trying to find the best possible solution for the guests in front of us if there is a problem. I also want to point out that you did the magic thing that helped your situation...approaching our staff in a constructive and friendly way with a concern. We welcome feedback from our guests, even when it is a criticism as it helps us learn and grow. And while it is not always possible to please every single person who enters the resort, we continue to do our very best and I think this deep commitment to excellence can be felt by all visitors to Beach Republic. Of course we hope to welcome you back again and on your next visit we will be pleased to prepare something special for you as a third time visitor. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamai Beach
Lanna Samui
Lanna Samui
#2 of 186 in Bophut
Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort

Been to Beach Republic The Residences? Share your experiences!