Let me start by saying, if you haven't been to Thailand just know that the Thai people are kind and hospitable just about everywhere you go. At Beach Republic the management team has done an excellent job of incorporating this cultural Thai trait into their training...their staff is excellent!
The three of us stayed in a Deluxe One Bedroom Suite. It was a spacious room with a large balcony. We have a finicky four year old eater so the well equipped kitchenette came in very handy. The room had everything we could want and was stylishly furnished in modern decor. The free in room wifi worked MUCH better than another Koh Samui resort where I had previously stayed and paid for the "privilege" (wifi should be free). If there is one improvement they can make to the room we stayed in, I would say that the lighting over the bathroom mirror could be better...so minor that when my wife put on her make-up at night she didn't even mention it.
We ate the breakfast buffet every morning, had dinner off the menu a few times, tapas a few times, and I had their Wednesday Night Asian Buffet. Overall the food was good to excellent. They also run a happy hour every night from 5 to 7 where you can buy 2 for 1 drinks. Great for couples who have similar taste! They will even keep your second drink cold if you're solo.
The pool/beach area is very nice, see the pictures. They have two regular pools and one "kid" or sitting pool. This area is all about atmosphere. It can at times be described as club like, but in a kind of comfortable family way. There is music or a live DJ at the pool area any time of day, and although the music is not soft background music it also isn't too loud or obnoxious in any way. The DJ they have is excellent! Usually "couples resorts" and "family resorts" don't always mix that well, but at BR the music is what seems to bring it all together. We never felt out of place or like our son was disturbing anyone with his sometimes loud pool play. The beach is small and at high tide nonexistent, but it has great boulders scattered around the in the sea and on the beach, and is a nice strip to walk along. There is also a boardwalk close by that extends a nice distance into the sea.
One warning for those that find public nudity taboo, there are some women that sunbath topless. We personally don't find that kind of thing a problem, but because this is a family review I felt it is worth mentioning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in your choice of deluxe one, two or four bedroom villas, stunning penthouses, and spacious suites. The villas and the penthouses have private chemical and salt water-free pools and all units are afforded the comforts of home with kitchens, coffee and tea making facilities, iPod docks, and free WiFi in every room. Guests enjoy privileged access to Samui's premier beach destination - the Beach Republic Ocean Club featuring fine dining, superb wines, fitness room, and the Asian Fusion Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Beach Republic The Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Republic The Residences Hotel Lamai Beach
- Beach Republic The Residences Ko Samui/Lamai Beach