In Summary. The hotel service was incredible, the resort and rooms were very very clean, food was really good in quality and variety, rooms were very spacious, modern and well priced. Great for singles, couples and families who want something that has a younger feel to it with a live DJ playing poolside. It is not a full on dance party with 18 year olds running around, most of the days it is laid back funky music adding atmosphere to the resort. The hotel has a great Spa and an average gym area. Highly recommend it.
Now in more detail. As other reviewers point out, Beach Republic is located in Lamai, which is about 15 minutes away from the main strip of Chaweng Beach Road. Lamai for me was not anything special. The hotel is located right on the beach but the beach is average and not exactly an ideal island swim. Initial impressions was this hotel felt more like serviced apartments but as time went on, I fell in love with Beach Republic and all the great staff that made my holiday. Firstly the hotel reception is a bit of a let down, looking more like a sales office than an exotic Thai resort. The accommodation is split into 3 distinct types. The majority are in an apartment like building with all room types very spacious and modern. Very stylish, great furniture and if anything negative, lacks the traditional "resort, hotel' feel. Then you have the older style pool villas. We stayed in one of those. Unbelievable how big these Villas are. The plunge pool is more like a normal home pool and loved by my 9 year old boy and us. You would be hard pressed to find such accommodation in Samui, especially for the price. The design is a standard size room down the bottom next to the pool, with a second bedroom on top. The downside is that the toilet and kitchen are outdoors and are exposed to mosquitos, weather etc. Also they are not luxurious fitted out amenities. The upstairs was not kid friendly as the stairs to the room were only accessible from the outside and were very steep and narrow. The room also did not have adequate curtains to block out the sun light so anyone sleeping there would be woken in the morning. Apart from that, you felt like a king with the very relaxing surroundings and outdoor lounge area. Great if you had friends because you could actually entertain in your own Villa. The other style of accommodation is the modern pool villas which are of course a modern version of what I just explained. The resort is small and has a boutique feel to it. Only one restaurant but the variety and quality is fantastic. Breakfast was a good 7.5 to 8 out of 10. The pool menu was also well priced with great quality and selection. Important when you dont have a choice to walk out and grab a meal from the outside. Their famous Sunday buffet was also good. Not a big fan of buffets, but I thought this was one of the best ones I have been too. More people, more music, mixed crowd and surprisingly families with kids.
This resort really impressed me by the end of my stay. The cleaning of the room was impeccable, their food was much better than the next highly priced hotel I stayed in, cocktails and drinks were great, and like I said before, ALL the staff were fantastic and really wanted to serve the customer. Oh I forget to mention we also used their in house Spa on two occasions. Very good and also added to the joy of staying at Beach Republic. If you dont mind being away from the main area of Chaweng, this is definitely worth considering
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in your choice of deluxe one, two or four bedroom villas, stunning penthouses, and spacious suites. The villas and the penthouses have private chemical and salt water-free pools and all units are afforded the comforts of home with kitchens, coffee and tea making facilities, iPod docks, and free WiFi in every room. Guests enjoy privileged access to Samui's premier beach destination - the Beach Republic Ocean Club featuring fine dining, superb wines, fitness room, and the Asian Fusion Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Beach Republic The Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Republic The Residences Hotel Lamai Beach
- Beach Republic The Residences Ko Samui/Lamai Beach