All reviewsbeach clubclub suitesunday brunch isthe penthousedj playingprivate poolhouse musicpillow menukoh samuicoffee machinelarge balconyevery eveningfantastic staywelcome drinkturn down servicepool sidesun loungers
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The setup at the pool/beach is incredible, very sexy. The ambience, the decor, the music, simply wow. Amaing beach location, pool bar and an infinity pool, everything is there to make your stay incredible.The room was very clean, very modern and serviced twice daily. And the bed..OMG it was so confortable!!

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I do agree that this hotel is a little bit pricey for Thailand but for what you get, I think that it's a good value for your money. I would definitely go back to this hotel .

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Amazing! Amazing! amazing! We had our wedding at Beach Republic last night, and it was a fairy tale wedding! The staff here were fantastic from the very beginning. They have been so accommodating in every way, out of all the venues and wedding planners we spoke to they were by far the best to deal with! We had our dream wedding, and we didn't require a wedding planner as they catered to our every need. The venue was amazing, the food was fantastic! and the penthouse suite is stunning! I would recommend anyone getting married in Koh samui to have there special day here! Julie and Marc you made our day amazing thank you so much!!! I will try to add photos when I get them.

Room Tip: penthouse suite and villas are gorgeous
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy A
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

We are currently here, half way through a ten day stay. We had 2 x cudo vouchers which were originally for the club suites, but we upgraded to the tropical pool villa, for a bit more privacy and to have the luxury of our own pool.
Our stay so far has been amazing. This resort has it all, a great beach location, incredible food, pool bar, kids pool and an infinity pool, a very smooth Dj for those long afternoons on a sun lounge sipping cocktail, very good wine and cocktail menu. A small note to mention, the beach is not ideal for swimming as its very rocky, although I'm sure that changes with the seasons.
Our villa has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, one outside so when you go from the pool, you don't drip water through the bedrooms. The rooms are immaculately clean and serviced twice daily, once throughout the day when they do a full clean and change sheets and towels and provide the daily newspaper, and then during the turn down service, where they drop in the next days resort newsletter and pop a little dessert in your fridge! This is all just part of their service. We have our own kitchenette with everything from a coffee machine, bag of ice, free bottled water, knife block and quality wine glasses are provided. The beds are really comfy and the bed linen and pillows very high quality. We want for nothing! We are feeling very spoilt and relaxed here...
Staff are very very friendly and from what we have seen will go out of their way to do whatever they can to make your stay more enjoyable. The management team are a welcomed presence here and often ask what you are up to for the day and will recommend tours or restaurants.
My husband and I have both had massages in the 'fusion' spa and they were great, he has also taken advantage of the steam room daily.
I will post more at the conclusion of our stay, but seriously, if you have read any bad reviews about this place, from my eyes, they are completely unfounded. Even if I tried really hard to find a bad point about this place, I would struggle. You will see I have written other reviews on other places throughout our holiday, so my review here, as with my others, is legitimate.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Mel2309
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Two couples, had a 2 bed Villa with private pool in it's own little walled garden. Spotless clean, beds turned down at night and lights put on etc. Food good, nice pools near beach. Beach was the only disappointment.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had been given a cudo voucher for the Beach Republic as a wedding present . We booked the hotel via email & I have to admit that I was extremely happy & impressed with the communication I received back from the resort. We stayed in a studio room which was clean & spacious.

The resort organised for us to be picked up from the airport. The driver was polite & gave us a cold bottle of water & a cold hand towel. Upon arriving at reception, they provided us with a lovely cold refreshing drink while they checked us in.

There are free Beach Republic water bottles in the room which were restocked every day. They also supply some complimentary tea & coffee. The staff come at 6pm each evening to turn down the bed & they also leave a yummy surprise (dessert) in the fridge. The also leave a leaflet with some information in regards to tours & updates on resort activities for the next day eg thai cooking classes, sunday brunch, buffet dinners, happy hour etc. I found the leaflets to be very good.

We ate in the resort every day. Breakfast was included in the voucher & there was a good variety available with some of the hot dishes changing each day. We often had dinner at the restaurant as well. We found the staff to be very attentive & polite (special thank you to Lek for making us feel welcome every time).

We had a massage also included with our voucher. We had a couples room which was great. The ladies were nice & gave us a refreshment before & after the massage.

The staff at reception were very helpful & booked some tours for us as well as taxis. There is also a complimentary shuttle from the resort that takes you to Chaweng twice a day & also can bring you back if you are ready at the pick up time.

I must say that my husband & I enjoyed our stay at the Beach Republic very much. We can't say enough about how helpful & friendly the staff were. It made our stay very enjoyable.

Look forward to staying at the Republic again sometime in the future :-)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple