We booked a Deluxe Family Double with breakfast at the Thai House Beach Resort for 5 nights at the beginning of our vacation.
In summary, stay here for the location on the beach. The rooms are ok/average, at best. There was never much hot water in the evenings and the bathroom fixtures were not maintained. Our bathroom faucet never really shut off and the lever to flush the toilet was chipped and barely got the job done. Despite the room, we would probably go back if we got a good deal. We enjoyed Lamai beach as compared to Mai Nam and Bo Phut where we also stayed on this trip.
Pros: great beach location and easy walking distance to the main Lamai shopping/ restaurant street. Very convenient. Hotel lounge chairs right on the beach...but get there early as people claim their spots for the day pretty early. Room was a nice size since we opted for the family room which had a small day bed that we used to dump our stuff. Breakfast was also decent; however the centerpiece was certainly the beach as the restaurant sat right on the beach so you had a wonderful view every morning. Staff was nice and courteous.
Cons: Average rooms in need of maintenance. Be careful of the location as the first room they tried to give us was on the first floor had a view of a wall (no kidding)! Well, to their credit, they moved us to a second floor with garden view - which looked much better after seeing the first room. Not much privacy, though, as the balcony looked upon the hallways to the other rooms so people were constantly walking in view of our balcony. Additionally, scooter rental was a more expensive than outside (which I don't mind); however I would expect some quality control for that extra charge. The scooter we got was a bit worn and had problems starting. Mind you, I understand that these are all subcontracted out; but again, I would expect that they do some basic quality control before accepting on behalf of their customers for the premium that they charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thai House Beach Resort is located at Lamai Beach on beautiful island of Koh Samui. Only 35 kilometers from the main land, it is easily accessible from all major airports in Thailand. Transfer time from Koh Samui airport approximately 30 minutes. Bus from Bangkok to Samui will take 12 hours. Daily Ferry Service will take one hour and half for every trip duration 08.00 am to 06.00 pm. We can arrange transport for you by the budget price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Thai House Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thai House Beach Hotel Lamai Beach
- Thai Hotel Beach
- Thai House Beach Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach