This was my second stay, and I am happy enough with the resort itself. The rooms are well enough equipped, and the balcony even on a cheaper room at the side overlooks greenery. The food and drink is fairly decent, and the pool is big enough to swim some lengths. The grounds are well cared for and in good shape, not tired looking. The bed was comfortable too, and the air-conditioning worked well enough. The staff are great all around, and as any frequent visitor to Samui knows, that is not the norm here. The service minded attitude of the staff is one reason I keep returning to this resort.
One minor problem I noticed both times is that the room safes are too small to accommodate laptops. Another dislike I have is that more than once I happened to use the washroom by the pool and a staff member used the facilities at the same time. He happily did his business in the toilet and then when right back to polishing silverware, without washing his hands. The same guy often served my food and drink around the pool. Quite disturbing, but if I had to guess, this behavior may possibly be the norm in Southeast Asia.
Finally, the only thing that really cut into the enjoyment of my stay was something that is the same anywhere in Thailand probably: countless huge Germans chain smoking all day around the pool. It is pretty hard to enjoy relaxing and reading a book when you constantly subjected to vile second hand smoke wafting all over the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thai House Beach Resort is located at Lamai Beach on beautiful island of Koh Samui. Only 35 kilometers from the main land, it is easily accessible from all major airports in Thailand. Transfer time from Koh Samui airport approximately 30 minutes. Bus from Bangkok to Samui will take 12 hours. Daily Ferry Service will take one hour and half for every trip duration 08.00 am to 06.00 pm. We can arrange transport for you by the budget price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Thai House Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thai House Beach Hotel Lamai Beach
- Thai Hotel Beach
- Thai House Beach Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach