“Restaurant review”

Samui Jasmine Resort
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wife and I were on Lamai beach one afternoon and stepped into Samui Jasmine Resort (SJR) for lunch. The restaurant is adjacent to the pool and is sea facing. It had very few tables occupied that afternoon so we felt it was quite roomy and spacious.

We were on this 'Papaya salad with every meal' drive, so we ordered that and even decided on a spicier version. Though we were panting for breath and shedding tears, we managed to wipe the plate clean, it was that good. The Fried King Prawn gravy too was good and their portion sizes are adequate for two people.

Service was prompt and efficient. The dishes were served without any delay. Pricing is not a bargain, but for a 3-4 star resort on the beach it seemed to be alright.

Overall we enjoyed the couple of hours we spent at the restaurant.

Room Tip: Restaurant has a good ambiance and serves good Thai food.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Krishna P

Reviewed November 18, 2013

On the island of Koh Samui for the ninth time, at this hotel second. We were greeted as friends. Perfect location, on the beach. The accommodation is very clean and offers everything you could want. The manager was very available and ready to help. The cleaning staff are efficient and very thorough. very friendly and helpful staff. We lived in Villa de luxe, room good size, very comfortable bed, a good sleep. Lunch and diner was vast and delicious, a very large selection of dishes. For my birthday I was gifted a gorgeous cake with candles and sang a song for me.
The pool is a good size. In September, the sea next to the hotel is excellent, in May were at sea algae.
Massage twice a day - ten days, it's super! Large selection of massage: the different types of Thai massage, cellulite massage, facial and body treatments (scrubs, body wraps). Thank you very much madam Moon, madam Tip, madam So. You are a best masseuses! We would definitely recommend this for people looking for a place to relax and very good quality, tasty food. We'll be back in November, 2014.

Room Tip: Villa de luxe-the best choice!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank doberoscar
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Jasmine Resort is located in the Lamai beach, the quiet and peaceful side of Samui. Hands down, I couldn't ask for a better hotel for our honey moon. The hotel has a private beach with reserved beach beds and a great pool. The room was amazing, beautifully designed, big and super, super clean. The hotel provides straw bags for the beach/pool and allow guests to take it outside for day trips. The hotel offers a very wide list of movies and a DVD in each room. It also has great location, less than 10 min walk from the night market. Staff is probably the most polite we've come across and were always so very kind. Breakfast was perfect! Rich and tasty. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Vicky P
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed in garden room - 6 nights. Nice, clean room and the bed was very good.
Friendly staff, nice pool area and direct by the beach where you will have reserved beach beds for hotel guests only. Located quite in the middle of Lamai beach - good located. 5 min walk to "town center". Would have given the hotel highest grade if the internet connection would have been a bit better.

Very please with my stay at the hotel and I extended by stay here twice. Think it is value for money and I stayed during low season.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 2102 - first floor. Very nice room right in the garden.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Anders L
Reviewed October 19, 2013

What a great hotel - friendly staff who speak english well. We had a problem with wifi, but they sorted it out for us by using a nearby router that was more effective. The beds are amazing, as good as home. Only possible complaint would be no drawers in the room. Great to have a beach bag in the room. I will definately return.

Room Tip: We like the bungalows, sit with your feet up and enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ronnie F
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Located in a nice part of the beach, close to the town with all their restaurants and bars. The room was spacious a very well appointed, very attentive staff. The pool area, while not very big, was very nice and well maintained. I will most definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Third floor rooms have great sea views
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I'm traveling a lot around the world for business and the most important thing is to listen to your customer.
When I came to the hotel, I didn't know if I'm going to stay for long, but I said that I believe that I'll stay for 5 nights and I want to pay for 2 nights in advance, while they promised that for same type of room (building see view) the price will remain the same. I came back after one night and asked to pay for the rest of the nights and surprisingly, it wasn't available and although they mentioned it in the first place, I expected them to tell to existing guest that it's on the table and give him the option to extend his stay.

Moreover, they said that I should pay a different price. (500bhat more)
The scenario was ridicules, while me and my sister were really surprised by Orasa's approach, she was very aggressive, rude and not polite.. (Front desk manager)

I wanted to stay in the hotel and I didn't stay because of her behavior and not because of the money.

I was really surprise, since my sister already staid there with her husband few years ago and the experience was different. It's probably not so nice when you are paying so much money and the staff is doing you a favor and answer aggressively and rudely.

Shame!!!