My boyfriend and I stayed at Rocky Resort for 10 night in the middle/end of June and had a fantastic time. The resort is small, private and peaceful. The two pool areas, along with the rest of the resort, is beautifully designed with an eye for detail. The resort is a 20 minute walk from Lamai but can be easily reched by local or private taxis and it is about a 5 minute drive.
We stayed in a deluxe gardenview room which was on the hill above the restaurant and was therefore really peaceful and private. There were a number of steps up to it, and many of the other rooms and therefore I am not certain that I would recommend this resort to those with mobility problems or in a wheelchair. Our room did only have a walk in shower, I am not a bath person so I was quite happy, but this might bother some people.
All the staff were fantastic. They all spoke great English and were always happy to help. I would like the room maid to come and tidy up after me here, she was great!
My boyfriend and I loved the massages we had overlooking the beach which were fantasticallt relaxing. We also loved dinner we had in the sala which was very romatic and the selection of Thai food was great.
There are a couple of things that I would improve, all of which have been mentioned before. The food in the restaurant is fantastic but people should be aware that it does cost at least 3-4 times what you would pay in Lamai (I did love the pizza though). I also noted that the emphasis of the resort is the personal/family touch and although we were staying for 10 days none of the management came to introduce themselves, which I was not bothered about but it is what I was expecting. I was also slightly disappointed that the a/c turned off everytime you left so you returned to a humid, hot room. The a/c unit could also have done with being more powerful as sometimes it just didn't seem to get the room cool enough.
Having said all that would I recommend Rocky's to my best friend, absolutely. I left Rocky's relaxed and refreshed, which was the entire point for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocky's is a stunning boutique resort set in a secluded cove south of Lamai Beach, Koh Samui. With only 47 rooms and 3 pool villas, an award winning fine dining restaurant, a poolside bistro and two free-form swimming pools, Rocky's is the perfect place for a relaxing, romantic holiday. Rocky's emphasizes warm, personal service, attention to detail, and a relaxed family atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rocky's Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky`s Boutique Hotel Lamai Beach
- Rockys Boutique Hotel
- Rockys Boutique Koh Samui
- Rocky's Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach