We stayed at Rockys Resort for 2 weeks in July 2014, 1 week in a pool view room and 1 week in a seaview room.
Being our first visit to Thailand and Koh Sumai we wanted somewhere romantic to chill out and relax as a couple, and for the most part we got it.
The setting is beautiful, with views over the bay and plenty of trees, red lanterns, and a tropical garden feel, making this a really pretty boutique resort.
Both our rooms were superb, very spacious and set out beautifully and had everything we could have asked for.
The staff at Rockys are exceptional, very friendly and personable and are a credit to the resort and left a good impression with us.
There are a few gripes however which stops us giving a 5 star review.
Firstly, as mentioned by previous poster below, the website gives the impression that this is a very chilled out resort, ideal for couples looking for a romantic getaway.
We were quite surprised however, by the amount of families at the resort, which is not a problem normally for us, but there were quite a few children running round all day with a free reign and dive bombing into the pool and having plenty of 'noisy' fun etc from early morning to evening.
Nothing wrong with kids enjoying themselves of course, but we were expecting a romantic chilled out and quiet resort as implied by the website, and to be honest it wasn't really that.
The beach is great for relaxing, with very comfortable sunloungers, free water and mid morning fruit snacks to keep you going, but there is definitely no chance of being able to swim, with sharp rocks and shallow waters.
We knew what to expect being called 'Rockys Resort' but we've been to a few resorts with 'rocks' in the title and still been able to swim in the sea.
Here, there is no chance as the rocks really are lethal.
The resort is 5 mins from Lamai with shuttles going out from Rockys a few times a day.
The last pickup from Lamai centre is around 5pm however, which seemed a little strange, we thought there should be one later, say for example around 10pm.
Also the events put on are quite expensive, as is the food in the restaurants. Better off getting the free shuttle into Lamai which takes only 5mins and has a wide range restaurants with tasty dishes to get stuck into!
All in all, we enjoyed our time at Rockys but feel the resort is better catered to families than those looking for a relaxing and romantic holiday away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocky's is a stunning boutique resort set in a secluded cove south of Lamai Beach, Koh Samui. With only 47 rooms and 3 pool villas, an award winning fine dining restaurant, a poolside bistro and two free-form swimming pools, Rocky's is the perfect place for a relaxing, romantic holiday. Rocky's emphasizes warm, personal service, attention to detail, and a relaxed family atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Rocky's Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky`s Boutique Hotel Lamai Beach
- Rockys Boutique Hotel
- Rockys Boutique Koh Samui
- Rocky's Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach