Where to start.....
My wife and I have been to Samui before. We got married in Lamai just around the corner. We LOVE the island and of course have high expectations. But we aren't the type of people who complain about small things.
The pick up was smooth and the driver (Kob?) was well spoken and presented. Exactly what you want when you don't know the language/area or are very tired.
Check in was quick and first impressions as we descended the private and unassuming driveway was one of peace, quiet and a little bit more traditional (or cosie?) than many of the slick looking and overly grand resorts we've seen in the past.
The grounds are neat, full of luxurious landscaping, tonnes of flower arrangements and the pathways meandered up and down the hillside providing quaint and cute walks around the resort. Staying away from being stacked on top of each other or being laid out in a grid system adds to it's privacy and beauty. The two pools, thought not huge, were very clean and ideal in the sense that you could relax and feel like you were in a small and exclusive area. We Loved this because being in a crowded resort can be a little painful.
The room we had was very clean, well appointed and layout perfect for what we wanted. Views were almost perfect if it wasn't for the pitch of the roof and tree in front of us. Not a big deal.
Security is very important to us and we felt so much safer. Partly due to rooms and door locks and also the location itself being protected naturally.
The food was AMAZING. The cocktails too. Seriously, the food is off the hook good. Didn't get sick and every mouthful of the several meals was fantastic.
My first negative feedback is that the cocktail menu was very "old school" not a really bad thing if you're into your traditional or not-too-flamboyant cocktails. But we loved them all anyway.
We had a special night out on "the rocks" with our own private meal with the ocean lapping on the beach, a warm breeze swaying the lanterns in the trees. A magical night - thank you.
I couldn't find the gym.... I didn't ask though. It was a requirement for me but I ended up not having the time for it.
The staff were smart, friendly and helpful. Never pushy and always doing something-just a little thing that lets you know that your comfort is being looked after.
My only other bits of feedback that could have added to our amazing stay would have been to have more transfer times to and from Lamai and Chewang. I think there were only a couple of times and we were never able to get a ride. Also, when we checked out, it was a little awkward as it felt like we had three people watching over us as we used a couple of payment options. We had cash, eftpos and credit card. The ladies were speaking in Thai as we were doing this and it just felt awkward. My wife thought they were saying things about us.
Apart from that, we loved the staff, the location, the resort and the very casual and free activities that were available from the Cabaret (burlesque) show, free cocktail night to the snorkling gear too.
Perfect for able bodied people that love to relax, have privacy, like it quiet and also love to indulge in the finer things in life.
Romm and Rhi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocky's is a stunning boutique resort set in a secluded cove south of Lamai Beach, Koh Samui. With only 47 rooms and 3 pool villas, an award winning fine dining restaurant, a poolside bistro and two free-form swimming pools, Rocky's is the perfect place for a relaxing, romantic holiday. Rocky's emphasizes warm, personal service, attention to detail, and a relaxed family atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rocky's Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky`s Boutique Hotel Lamai Beach
- Rockys Boutique Hotel
- Rockys Boutique Koh Samui
- Rocky's Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach