After five days in Phuket we arrived at Rocky's and straight away I knew I was going to enjoy the next seven days here. Gorgeously landscaped gardens, small pots with flowers picked fresh each day, the staff were so friendly and the views from the pools amazing. This is the kind of place you go to just get away from it all. Breakfast menu is delicious, coffee is the best I have had in Thailand.
Rooms are very basic but I quite liked them, the bathroom was very well laid out and really enjoyed spending time in the room when it got a little hot and humid outside. We had our own little balcony which was nice to sit and enjoy a drink or two! We had fruit and champagne delivered for our honeymoon and were also given a free oil massage each and a dinner at the Bistro (think our travel agent helped with this) but truly was a lovely surprise.
If you like to eat at the hotel you will not be disappointed by the Bistro for the Thai dishes, try the beef cheek rending, so delicious. The cheeseburger also is divine if you fancy a little western cuisine. Breakfast you get to choose from an amazing menu of eggs benedict, thai omelette, pancakes and there is fresh juice, croissants, cereals, yoghurts etc.. your day will always start with a full tummy plus the view from the restaurant overlooking the beach is a gorgeous way to start any day.
The beach area is quite small and the beach is a little rocky (hence the name) so if you are a big beach lover you would be best doing day trips to the smaller islands which have white sandy beaches. We did the Josephine boat trip and had a fun day snorkelling and swimming off two islands which was really lovely and picturesque and then came back to enjoy some cocktails at the Garden Pool bar (near the Bistro).
For those who like to explore you can hire a moped which comes with helmets and there is also a free shuttle bus to Lamai Beach and also Chaweng. We found a great restaurant just left out of Rocky's called Chao Krao Ban, mostly locals go there but the food is super cheap and so very good, I would recommend highly, gorgeous sunset view over the beach, 150bt cocktails.
If you are after a massage there is a place just down the road to the right of Rocky's that is across from the Family Mart called Number One - great massage, firm, pressure points and my feet have never experienced a proper reflexology massage like this. Recommend.
If you are after a bit more of a pamper session I say start saving to head to Tamarind Springs spa. I did a four hour rainforest package whilst the husband did deep sea fishing and the best decision ever! For $200 Australian dollars I got a four hours of bliss. Swimming in man made rock pools, with herbal steam room and some of the best homemade scrubs I have ever used - made with tamarind, sesame oil you could just relax, give yourself a scrub, then a steam and swim in the pools. Fresh ginger tea and mango smoothies, water to enjoy for 1.5hrs until your massage. You are whisked up to a gorgeous little open private hut in the mountain and pampered. I was so relaxed during my 1.5hr massage I didn't realise she had braided the top of my hair ready for my hour facial. Ask for Chai! She is lovely and has good firm hands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocky's is a stunning boutique resort set in a secluded cove south of Lamai Beach, Koh Samui. With only 47 rooms and 3 pool villas, an award winning fine dining restaurant, a poolside bistro and two free-form swimming pools, Rocky's is the perfect place for a relaxing, romantic holiday. Rocky's emphasizes warm, personal service, attention to detail, and a relaxed family atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rocky's Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky`s Boutique Hotel Lamai Beach
- Rockys Boutique Hotel
- Rockys Boutique Koh Samui
- Rocky's Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach