Our family of four ( 2 adults and 2 kids, 11 and 13) stayed at Rocky's for 5 days. We looked for adjoining rooms but were generously upgraded to the villa upon arrival. The villas are beautiful and perfect for a group. There are two large bedrooms with king beds and the upper floor has two additional daybeds that can be made up for sleeping. There are 2.5 bathrooms. The decor is Thai and nicely done. The beds and pillows are wonderful and the AC and fans were a welcome break on hot days and nights. They have a large flat screen TV and many DVDs available at no charge. Wifi was free and strong everywhere on the property. There is a private plunge pool which was spectacular.
Note the property is built on a gentle hill. Our villa was in one of the highest locations and we were 240 paces from reception and that included 57 steps. It was fine for us but may be difficult for less mobile groups. If you have mobility issues or young children, you may want to talk with reservations when you are discussing room options.
The breakfast buffet is nicely done, if more European than American. There are fruits and breads and a choice of a la carte menu items.
There is a kids room for younger kids and a pool table but I would position the resort for the more romantic couples audience. It was quiet and peaceful. They indicated that the resort was largely full but I would guess that there were less than 5 rooms with kids. While we felt welcome, if you have rambunctious kids or expect a more lively atmosphere, you may want to look elsewhere. Loud kids, at the pool or elsewhere, were noticeable.
The grounds and pools were lovely with the pictures of the resort quite accurate. It's beautiful.
The staff is friendly and plentiful. There must be close to a 1-1 ratio of staff to customers.
There is a shuttle into town several times a day although the last one is at 5pm. If you are looking to have dinner in town, you will need to catch a taxi back. Otherwise, there isn't a lot close to the resort. Walking along the main road is possible but the shoulder isn't wide and has some risk especially at night from the frequent scooters.
We took the Josephine boat trip which included fishing, snorkeling lunch and beaches at a nearby island. The coral and visibility wasn't as good as Angthong National Marine Park but there were plenty of fish to see and we had an enjoyable day. Make sure to be prepared for plenty of sun!
As a family, we enjoyed Rocky's and we loved the villa. I would recommend it to others with a special emphasis to couples and romantic getaways. With families, they need to consider whether a quiet resort is the best choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocky's is a stunning boutique resort set in a secluded cove south of Lamai Beach, Koh Samui. With only 47 rooms and 3 pool villas, an award winning fine dining restaurant, a poolside bistro and two free-form swimming pools, Rocky's is the perfect place for a relaxing, romantic holiday. Rocky's emphasizes warm, personal service, attention to detail, and a relaxed family atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rocky's Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky`s Boutique Hotel Lamai Beach
- Rockys Boutique Hotel
- Rockys Boutique Koh Samui
- Rocky's Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach