The hotel is just in the middle of the way from Lamai beach and Chanweng beach. Outside the hotel there is not so much to see or do, so you have to take a taxi for everything or rent a motorbike.
The staff in the reception desk is not specially friendly but they do the work quite well.
The room we got was bigger than expected, with a king size bed plus a single bed. Also there was a desk with a PC with internet connection in the room what is great. There is also wifi signal all over the resort, for free.
The bath is open air, a little bit surprising but nice.
The cleaning staff is quite nice and friendly and they provide fresh towels everyday, no matter what.
All the enviroment from the hotel is very nice and relaxing, specially the small river surrounding all the resort with big fishes.
The swimming pool is big and clean, It has safe places for kids. Unfortunately we noticed they were using a high ammount of chlorine or some other chemical, that made hard to open eyes under the water.
The restaurant is having a nice menu with good food at a reasonable price. The staff was little distracted and as pointed by other reviewers, you have to remind orders or go directly to ask for things as they don't come often to the table.
I attended the countdown party'12 and for my taste it was old fashioned and the menu was not very good.
All an all, I would say there is a lack of interest to keep everything in optimum conditions and they are happy with average.
Anyways, I would stay again here as it was a good relaxing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crystal Bay Yacht Club sits on a small but perfect beach on the Island of Koh Samui in Thailand. The calm warm crystal clear sea, powder soft white sand and beautiful tropical gardens make this location truly special. The resort consists of 43 bungalows all set in over 12,000 square meters of lush tropical gardens. Many species of birds and butterflies can be seen enjoying the natural surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crystal Bay Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Yacht Club Hotel Lamai Beach
- Samui Yacht Hotel
- Crystal Bay Yacht Club Ko Samui/Lamai Beach