Last min top up the difference to a villa garden view room instead of a deluxe room as booked. The pool is quite tiny, but the room was really nice especially the four poster bed. Didn't enjoy the shower in the toilet, it's a sunken bath which makes it difficult to shower as the rain shower head was very near the wall. Very few mosquitoes if there is any.
The hotel compound is beautifully landscaped and maintained . The main pool was fantastic.
Go around sunset and enjoy lazing around the bean bags. Happy hour 1 for 1 drinks is a bonus.
Breakfast was quite good, probably one of the most healthiest choices of food available. Can also request for beef noodles thai style soup and other Ala carte items.
The beach is ok, do be careful when walking along it. Wearing shoes is a must, might get cuts. Not suitable to swim.Too shallow.
Overall nice hotel, need transport to get around. Unless you don't mind staying in hotel the whole time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle hotel is the perfect place for a vacation getaway, destination wedding or executive retreat where you can escape to your own seaside villa with private pool, blending the luxury of the world's best spa resort with the intimacy of a secluded island village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Koh Samui Renaissance
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach