Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa
Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
$680
$526
Hotels.com
$113
LeMeridien.com
$301
$96
Beach Republic The Residences(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$107
$87
Agoda.com
Lamai Wanta(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$61
$42
Agoda.com
Rocky's Boutique Resort(Lamai Beach)
$99
$89
$358
$189
Trip.com
Thai House Beach Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$84
$62
$116
$108
Agoda.com
Sallamai Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$47
$44
1,304 results
All reviewsbanana leaftapas bartawann restaurantkoh samuigarden villadeluxe roompool barprivate poolmain poolour honeymoonlow tideshallow watera wonderful stayfire showbuffet breakfastbeach frontthe main road
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The accommodation and facilities were lovely and relaxing, if a little bit tired looking (just the small details).

We were booked in for the private villa (with pool) for 8 days and the room itself was excellent.

However, the food was very average and a bit disappointing for the following reasons:

1. The buffet breakfast - flies on the fruit, not everything was available as advertised
2. Dinner - cold main and the Nasi Goreng was not a Nasi Goreng. I have lived in Asia for 9 years and it was simply white rice with an egg on top.

We would, however, like to commend Kim at breakfast for his amazing service. He was efficient, proactive and friendly. Please let him know that we were delighted with his service.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GemmaAlexandra
Killian D, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear GemmaAlexandra,

Greetings from Koh Samui and thank you for having chosen the Renaissance as your holiday destination.

I am happy to read that you loved our Garden pool Villa as well as the facilities and the personal care of Khun Kim. I will make sure your comment will reach him!

On another note, I appreciate you sharing points that you feel we can improve in. Would you mind sending me a personal Email to share with me the areas you feel were not sharp enough as well as which items you were missing at breakfast? My contact is killian.donoghue@renaissancehotels.com . Thank you!

Please accept my apologies for the Nasi Goreng dish. In fact I have tried it a couple of days ago again and it was very different to what you describe, so our culinary team will make sure to work on the consistency to ensure that other guests will not have the same experience. Furthermore, we have already installed small additional fans in the breakfast restaurant to ensure that there are no flies near the fruit during the "Fruit Season" on Koh Samui.

Dear GemmaAlexandra, thank you once more for your feedback and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back one day to ensure that you will have a perfect and memorable stay with us.

Until then I send my best regards to Sydney,

Killian Donoghue

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Last October, while on a group Holiday to Koh-Samui with almost 10-11 rooms booked with Renaissance, they got our rooms scattered, all situated in different corners of the hotel and even on different floors, yes, as per my title, this hotel was not like one of the other resorts rather it felt like a mini Maze, thereby dividing our entire group.
Anyhow, the Pools were fantastic,the main pool offered a great beach view, a good beach bar serving nice cocktails, The beach was quiet clean offering some free water activities viz. pedalling and banana boat. Great Vantage Point for undisturbed Sunset!
The climber plants growing up the trellis, in the passage leading to the small pool was beautifully spread across. The breakfast had a good selection of gourmet, not to miss their crepes.
The rooms in the hotel are fairly of decent size with humongous balconies and so are the suite rooms. Although you need to walk a lot to get to your rooms from the reception.
The hotel is located away from the hustle bustle and is about 25 minutes away from the main town of Chewang. It might get hard to find taxis, cabs and good restaurants around this area. However, you can hire bicycles and motorbikes at a per day cost from the hotel.
Also, if you are allergic to Lizards, be prepared because you can spot over a 100 of them on the ceilings after evenings! Guess, Samui is known for them!
The hotel offers a weekend beach buffet candle light dinner along with fire show and some music by the sea, which I felt was a pretty good effort done by the hotel for the guests to have an interactive session.
If you need to stay close to the action, I personally recommend Chewang as it's more centralised and happening, and for a quieter holiday Lamai wouldn't be a bad option at all.
The hotel staff is quiet cooperative and friendly, I met with a small bike accident during the trip and the hotel staff was kind enough to assign a doctor for me for 3 days for first aid and medication.
Nice Hotel! Unperturbed!

Room Tip: Choose the Villa Rooms, the deluxe rooms are situated away from the main hotel area, situated in a different building so you might have to walk for about 4-5 minutes to get there.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aditi C

Dear Aditi C,

Greetings to the heights of Kathmandu from tropical Koh Samui! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, despite your stay being last October!

We are very happy that you thoroughly enjoyed all of our facilities as well as the breakfast and service of our team. I tend to agree with you that if you are looking for a nightlife and buzzing location, our resort is probably not the right choice but if you are looking for a relaxed oasis with lifestyle offerings, yet being only a 10 and 15 minute drive away from Lamai and Chaweng respectively, you are spot on right with us. Taxis by the way are available at any time of the day, either hotel taxis, SUVs and vans or public taxis.

My apologies, that your rooms were not all grouped together which sometimes is difficult when we experience higher occupancy levels. We can however usually plan ahead if advised of preferences prior to arrival.

All the best,

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed at the Renaissance for a week during our trip to Koh Samui in April and it was the most amazing hotel we have ever stayed in. Firstly on arrival we got upgraded to their Chomview Suite which was essentially a large apartment that was furnished to such a high standard with stunning panoramic views.

The food at all of their restaurants was out of this world as was the service by the amazing staff. Didier went above and beyond to ensure I could watch the football one night by arranging a large projector screen to be put up in the tapas bar.

We attended the Thai new year beach bbq and festivities which was also great fun. Well done to Mimi!

All in all The Renaissance made our holiday perfect. We will be returning next year...and hoping for the same room upgrade!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrChristchurch

Dear Mr.Christchurch,

Wow! What can I say to the feedback that it was your best hotel stay ever?! Thank you for this compliment and I will make sure that your regards will reach Didier and Mimi our Queen of the Songkran night.

Whenever you plan to return, please drop me a short note via killian.donoghue@renaissancehotels.com and I will make sure that are ready for another wonderful vacation for you.

Until then, all the best from Koh Samui,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I viewed this resort as a way to get a villa with a private pool more cheaply than Banyan Tree, W, Four Seasons, etc. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the resort was even as a cheaper alternative. The staff was consistently responsive and helpful (other than a missed wake up call one day), the villa itself was very very nice, the grounds are well kept, all of the food I had onsite was excellent, the pool was nice, and the beach was pretty with sunset views over the hills across the bay (although the water right on the beach is not swimmable). As other reviews note, it is a quiet location, but not far to either Lamai or Chaweng if you want to party, shop or go to an offsite restaurant. I had to do some work and was surprised at how fast the internet was. My one complaint is regarding air conditioning - the air conditioning in the villas is not adequate, at least on the very hot days experienced during my stay (33+ C and humid), and the lobby has no A/C, which is crazy and annoying when you are dripping sweat trying to deal with the front desk staff).

Room Tip: I saw two villas and they were both the same layout, spaciousness, etc. I think 102 through 104 are right over the pool, which was a little busy and could be noisy from time to time.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DMM64

Dear DMM64,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your stay at the Renaissance with the TripAdvisor community!

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and even compare our boutique property to high end resorts like the Four Seasons. I am especially pleased to read about your comments in regards to the service levels, upkeep and culinary offerings.

The water on our main beach is indeed lower than usual until end of May, when the "high tide season" will start again and levels will be 1-1.5 meters higher than what you experienced. We do have 2 nearby beautiful beaches though than can be reached by foot and car respectively that make for a nice alternative should you feel water levels are too low.

While it is the hottest season of the year from mid April to mid May, we have already made sure to adjust the AC of the villa that you stayed in.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back and send the best regards to Philadelphia,

Reviewed May 4, 2014

First stay ever at a renaissance and not disappointing! First we checked in we were a bit disappointed in the rooms and location as you need to cross the road and we were allocated rooms close to the elevator which kept us up very early in the morning, however, after complaining about this we were checked into two lovely villas and it really is something out of this world! Clean, fresh rooms, beds are perfect, staff are friendly, the best breakfast ever. Dinner were very good, location is ideal, if you want to go to town you can either walk or get a TukTuk, lots of restaurants further away or down the beach, over all a great experience and thank you to all the staff whom has put such a great effort in to make our son's 13th birthday a perfect day! Swimming pools are very nice too and so too the beach with plenty of lounge chairs.

Poolside service were great too!

Room Tip: Grab a villa if you can, great place to stay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SAinnanjing
Killian D, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear SAinnanjing,

Greetings to Nanjing and thank you for your kind feedback!

I am pleased to learn that your son had a wonderful birthday with us and that you enjoyed the style of our Pool Villas! The breakfast indeed becomes a favorite at the Renaissance and I am sure that Chef Tor will be pleased to hear that you also loved his other culinary offerings in Banana Leaf, Tapas Bar and our Thai seafood restaurant tawaNN.

Whenever you have any special requests such as room location, please let us know via kohsamui@renaissancehotels.com or directly to myself and we will make sure to accommodate them to prepare for a perfect getaway.

With best personal regards,