My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance Koh Samui as part of our honeymoon and it was incredible. They picked us up from the airport in an SUV and from start to finish the service was absolutely impeccable. I have never met such a friendly staff. Everyone from the front desk to the maintenance crew is so genuine that they really make you feel welcome. We stayed at a beach front villa with pool access which was a bit exposed but we liked being close to the pool and beach front so it was great. I agree with some of the reviews that the villa could use some updating, particularly the bathroom shower and toilet area, but we didn't spend a lot of time in there anyway so not that big of a deal!
The breakfast buffet was one of the highlights for us. They have everything you can imagine from fresh omelets to Thai cuisine and any fresh juice you could think of. The coffee was particularly good as well and the staff would offer a special drink each day and a coconut to drink as well! Another really nice touch is the two navigators, Killian and Didi, who always seemed to appear when you had a question, needed another beverage or were looking for advice about where to go for dinner or things to do. These gentleman do a great job of making your time there just a little extra special. Didi even got us reservations at a restaurant off the resort that initially told us they were booked! Another highlight was happy hour down at the pool bar. They had 2 for 1 drinks from 5 to 7 and we would go down and watch the sun set while sitting right on the beach every night. The pool bar staff is very friendly too so they make it a nice happy hour vibe.
Perhaps the biggest highlight is the Quan Spa located right near the main pool and on the beach. This is the most amazing spa that we have ever been to (and my wife has been to a lot of them!). Just an amazing setting and a very professional staff make this it a truly unique experience. One day we got a couples Thai massage in an open air beach sala which was of course right on the beach. It was actually one of their specials for the week so the price was very reasonable. The spa is a must even if you are not staying at the resort.
In terms of dining the food is excellent. We spent 8 days at the resort and only left once to eat out because we enjoyed it so much right on the resort. There is Tawann which is more of a high end restaurant that is worth every penny. The views, atmosphere and service there are just incredible. The Banana Leaf restaurant which hosts the breakfast is more casual, and there is a tapas restaurant as well that does an excellent job.
Also worth mentioning is the cooking class that we took while at the resort. That was a really unique experience as well. We cooked 3 different Thai plates which was also dinner for us as well.
The private beach and pool area is where we spent most of out our time relaxing every day and once again everything was impeccable. This is the type of resort that can meet any needs or expectations. Whether you are going for your honeymoon or family vacation the Renaissance Koh Samui is definitely to be considered. We highly recommend it and will definitely return for another wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle hotel is the perfect place for a vacation getaway, destination wedding or executive retreat where you can escape to your own seaside villa with private pool, blending the luxury of the world's best spa resort with the intimacy of a secluded island village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Koh Samui Renaissance
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach