“Excellent Ms.Tai,Tapas Bar”

Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Last week, I visited Koh Samui but I stayed at another hotel on Chaweng Beach. I had a chance to stop by this hotel. Staff at the front desk seems ignore Thai people. No staff even greeted me first compared to foreigner who front desk presented well smile and prompt greeted. Good luck I did not book this hotel. I step down to the Tapas Bar. It was the same. It looked so strange. Thai staff not even try to smile to me but in stead of greet and chit chat with another family foreigner. Only one thing made me more comfortable is Ms.Tai at Tapas Bar. I asked this young lady about local restaurant with local good chef. She did not know with apology. Next few minutes Chef Toh walked and greeted me at my seat with full recommended local restaurant as I asked Ms.Tai. Surprise!! Ms.Tai who took the ownership on my request even she could not help me but she found and presented alternative for me. If you are in this property ask for Ms.Tai who will ensure to fill in your Renaissance experience even it may take time but you will get it for sure!! If I visit Samui again I will keep stay the same hotel, not here, but I am sure to stop by and use the service for the outlet.Thanks

Room Tip: I always stay and use the service in upper class hotel & resort. Smile and Thai Hospitality to a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ไม่มีหัวใจ ร
Killian D, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Chamlong K -

Sawadee Krub from the Renaissance Koh Samui and thank you for your kind review here on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my apologies if your arrival experience did not make you feel welcome and rest assured that I have shared your comments with our reception and gastronomy teams. It is indeed usually the strength of our team to make every guest feel like arriving at a friends house, no matter which nationality, so it pained me to read about your experience. On the other hand I am very happy to learn that Khun Tai and Chef Tor went the extra mile to share local restaurant discoveries with you, which is something that we take pride and joy in at Renaissance Hotels.

Dear Chamlong K, while it seems that you have a favorite hotel in Chaweng, it would be my pleasure to arrange a future with us to showcase the warm hospitality and local discoveries that we are known for. Please contact me via killian.donoghue@renaissancehotels.com.

Until then, Kob Khun Mak Krub,

Killian.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance for 6 nights during our honeymoon. We booked a private pool villa and this was amazing.
The pool at the beach is lovely with a perfect view. The prices at the pool bar are a little to high. But good food :-)
The location of the hotel is good. You can easy go to Lamai city center and we also went Chaweng from here.
The Spa is very good and worth the money.
We will come back here again some time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dennis S -

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us!

We have just changed our Pool Bar menu and am very happy that you enjoyed our comfort food! Next time around when you visit us, please try out our Thai, Spanish and Arabic Tapas at Tapas Bar.

We hope to welcome you back soon and send greetings from sunny Koh Samui,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

A great hotel located on a more private area of Lamai beach. Overall, it had great amenities including a substantial gym and watersports. Staff were very helpful and food and drinks were of fantastic quality. Being in a hotel room takes away the feel of paradise as you have that long walk to and from the room, and would recommend the villas or stay in a boutique resort for that more intimate feel. Aside from this though, a very clean and well designed resort with a great beach and amenities to match. Great breakfast too :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Killian D, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Gazfjones -

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience with the TripAdvisor community!

Indeed the private pool villas are perfectly located, close to the beach and within a tropical garden setting. Our Deluxe Rooms with private balcony or terrace and a jaccuzzi are a mere 2 minutes walk away from the beach and actually have the 50m Leelawadee lap pool right in front of them, so I hope that every guest will find the perfect spot in our resort.

I am very happy to read that you loved our breakfast, the beach and our complimentary kayaks!

Hoping to welcome you back at the Renaissance in the future and with best regards from sunny Koh Samui,

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stay here each time we come back to Samui (5x in 5years). It's comfortable luxury without pretense and attitude. The villas are a great value and although this year we came in the rainy season it was still a great break. Staff are friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: All garden villas are well situated and convenient to main pool and resort restaurants. Perhaps thos...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Andrew K -

Greetings from tropical Koh Samui! Thank you very much for your review and for coming back to stay with us for five years in a row. I heard from my team how much you enjoyed your stay and now see your comments here on tripadvisor.

The Renaissance team is looking forward to welcoming you back next year (which is just around the corner) - Please let me know if I may be of assistance with your future arrangements via killian.donoghue@renaissancehotels.com.

All the best,

Killian.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at Renaissance Koh Samui for 3 nights. I have to say it was really a good experience. The staff there were very friendly and client-oriented. We received a bottle of Champagne and a box of chocolate on the arrival day, because I told hotel that it was our honeymoon. The breakfast was also fantastic! We definately recommend this hotel for your Koh Samui trip!

Room Tip: If you do not stay at a villa, then rooms on higher floor are recommended.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caddie_l
Killian D, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear caddie_I -

Greetings from Koh Samui and thank you for your kind review here on TripAdvisor! We are very happy that you enjoyed your honeymoon trip and hope to be able to welcome you back - Maybe on your anniversary?

With best personal regards,

Killian Donoghue

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited samui this year for our yearly holiday vacation. We stayed at renaissance for 4 nights. Everything in this resort is wonderful including the restaurant and lovely rooms they have. The staffs are well trained. The only bad thing was the weather as it was a bit rainy.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SamK652
Killian D, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear SamK652 -

It was lovely to have you with us and I am very happy that you enjoyed your precious holiday time here at the Renaissance!

We are especially pleased to learn that you enjoyed our restaurants. After introducing new menus at Banana Leaf and the Pool Bar, the Tapas Bar will follow this week with Spanish, Thai and Arabic Tapas. I hope you will be back to visit us one day to try out our new menus.

I am sorry to hear that the weather was not perfect during your stay. While there is more rainfall in the month of November, it usually does not last too long and clears up immediately after.

With best regards from Koh Samui to Seoul,

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Booked for 3 nights on this resort. The location is quiet compared to main chaweng road which is a bit busy. The rooms are great, the restaurant serves authentic cuisines. The pool is close to the beach so if you want to swim by the sea its not that hard anymore. Good views.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Evehk115
Killian D, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Evehk115 -

Sawasdee from the Renaissance Koh Samui! We are very happy that you enjoyed your short holiday break with us. Indeed the views of the beachfront pool are beautiful and are one of the things that make our resort special. Chef Tor will be delighted to learn about your compliments in regards to his Thai culinary skills which he and his team take much pride in.

I hope to be able to welcome you back at the Renaissance one day and share the many other discoveries here in the resort as well as on the coconut island of Koh Samui.

Until then I remain with best regards to Hong Kong,

Amari Koh Samui
#10 of 104 in Chaweng
Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa
Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort

Been to Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!