My husband and 6 year old stayed here for 11 nights from late September to early October 2013. I had booked a Garden View Deluxe room - which was overlooking the 50m lap pool. The room was spacious, even with the extra bed for our son. We were very happy with the room, but as a Marriott Gold member, we were offered an upgrade to a Villa. I was blown away! I've never stayed anywhere so luxurious and romantic (even with our son). It had it's own pool (yes, it was small, but who cares when it's all yours and you can skinny dip!), a 4-poster bed with chifon curtains, really high thatched ceilings, a massive shower "room" - everything you could think of.
Apart from the gym, we made full use of the facilities. Breakfast at Banana Leaf was fantastic each day. A great range, that even our fussy 6 year old enjoyed. The juices were a favourite - so many different flavours and always super cold. You could also order cafe lattes, at no extra charge. We often had lunch next to the main beach-side pool - BLT wrap, fish & chips - and of course, happy hour 5-7pm - there was no-one at happy hour the one night we were there. The nights we didn't venture into Lamai or Chaweng (via the twice daily free shuttle service), we had a few dinners at the Banana Leaf (best chicken/cashew curry my husband ever had) and one at TawaNN (expensive, but sensational food & views above the beach). We both had massages on separate days. I had a package - body scrub, wrap & massage. My husband had a massage in a hut near the beach. Both were done by Jin - she was great (thankyou Jin). I wont say it was cheap, but it was a treat!
Staff were always very helpful, friendly, polite & smiling. Whenever we ordered a bucket of ice, it was delivered within minutes - Room service was super speedy. I also loved the daily turn-down service. They would close all curtains, turn down beds & replenish bottled water as necessary.
The only thing I could comment on, is the "tour desk". There is a tour desk, but you wouldn't know it. The brochures for various tours & activities, are in drawers behind the front desk. You had to ask the front desk staff for specific things. If the brochures were up on a wall, you'd be more likely to enquire and book a trip.
A big thankyou to the staff that helped make our stay so wonderful including Sonia, Alex, Jin, Didier & Rainy in Banana Leaf (that greeted our "hungry boy" with such enthuiasm each morning!).
Best regards, (Scottish) Steve, Ange & the noisey child Lewis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle hotel is the perfect place for a vacation getaway, destination wedding or executive retreat where you can escape to your own seaside villa with private pool, blending the luxury of the world's best spa resort with the intimacy of a secluded island village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Koh Samui Renaissance
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach