“Fantastic”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

A brilliant little cafe, sitting at the end of the main road this little Jem is an absolute must visit in Lamai. The food is excellent, the service brilliant and the decor is a little piece of Italy in Thailand. Add to this the hosts are so friendly and attentive and it's little wonder you find yourself migrating back here for more.
Try the coffees, the best in Thailand by a mile.

Don't miss this place, you'd be missing something special..

And did I mention it's amazingly good value too?

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Andreimack

“Great coffee and lovely breakfast”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Jamin' Cafe is a rare gem in Lamai, in that its coffee is seriously good - real, proper Italian-style, as opposed to instant. They do lovely breakfasts and paninis too, as well as very well-priced Thai food. I had the cooked breakfast, with eggs, bacon and toast, along with a lovely cappuccino, for 140 Baht - far superior to the breakfast on offer in our hotel. We'll definitely be back before the end of our trip.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Julllaura
Montreal, Canada
“Best Coffee in Lamai hands down!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed next door at the Lamoon Lamai, a great hotel, but breakfast was not included with my room. Man oh man was I happy to discover Jamin cafe next door! I'm from Montreal where we're pretty serious about our coffee and this was the only place in Koh Samui/Lamai and pretty much all of Thailand that reminded me of home. The owner, Luca, an extremely nice guy ... is from Italy as is the fantastic coffee he serves. For some reason almost everywhere in Thailand they serve instant coffee ... even at the 5 star hotels I sometimes stayed at !?!?
Not at Jamin! I had 2 double espresso's every day I stayed in Lamai and may I also add that his girlfriend and cook serves up incredible Thai dishes as well as Western breakfasts, panninis and much more. I couldn't believe how reasonable the prices were for the high quality of the food and beverages. If you consider yourself a coffee lover you MUST check this place out! Go for a nice espresso or cappuccino and try the crispy pork or any of your favorite noodle dishes and you will be 100% satisfied!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Adam Z
New York City
“Wonderful Cafe, Great Service”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

It's a cafe so let me start out by saying the coffee is fantastic. Most places on the island will serve you instant coffee but not here. I cannot begin to explain how friendly and happy the owner of this cafe is. Anytime you walk in there and you can't help but be in a better mood. The cafe serves delicious thai and italian cuisine. The italian paninis with salami or chicken are really tasty and the breakfast plate is great also. Best bacon I had on the island for sure.

• Visited December 2012