“Excellent food, service.”

Kob Thai Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 153 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A very quiet setting , in the nature , 600 meters from the center of Lamai ( in the street of Coco Splash Water park), well isolated tables ( under wooden salas), and a small cute swimming pool. A very authentic thai food ( let's try our thai discovering menu , with 8 dishes to share for 2).Very romantic atmosphere at night.
“Excellent food, service.”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. I will defiantly be back on my next visit to Thailand.
I could not have asked for better service.
I want to extend my gratitude and appreciation to all the staff at Kob Thai Restaurant.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“aweswome food and service”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

i would like to thank Kob Thai restaurant for such a wonderful experience when we were in Koh Samui Island a couple of weeks ago. The food is VERY authentic and taste awesome!! You must go to see for yourself!!!! We also had a wonderful stay at Wanta Lamai Hotel. Everything was very beautiful, we could not of asked for anything better!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank artm644
Barendrecht, The Netherlands
“good but not great”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband found this as number one on Tripadvisor and wanted to try it out. Its a bit outside the centre of Lamai. Nice garden setting but also lots of musquitos! Food was I think pretty expensive and not that great. Shared starter was boring, my husbands curry was great he said and my sweet and sour was good but not different from the ones I already had in loads of other restaurants in Lamai and they were a lot cheaper. So all in all not a bad restaurant but not convincing enough for me to return.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank lovely281268
“awesome restaurant.excellente food”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

just wanted to tell trip advisor users how good this restaurant is!!!!!!!!!!
Ate there everyday from the day I found Ii out.
Food is just so delicious, fresh, homy.
If you like authentic Thai food, don't miss this restaurant in Koh Samui.
It is so much better than all the other ones on the main street.
You thank me later !

• Visited April 2013
Paris
“A peaceful place with an excellent and tasty Thaï food”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Thanks to Trip we went to this place and we can only say thank you.
At 600m of the beach you will find this restaurant (thanks to the board on Lamaï beach :-)) and in a garden with a swimming pool you will have the pleasure to enjoy thaï food prepared only with fresh products. All the appetizers are really tasty and do not smell oil as it could happen too often in Thaïland. It's cracking in your mouth :-)
Since I have arrived in Thaïland I have organized my own championship for green curry and this one is definetely the most tasty. Many vegetables but also a Poulet Fermier as the french owner Stephane likes to mention. It makes the difference.
Enjoy as well as a starter a very simple papaya salad. Pure pleasure.
For sure an adress to recommend.

• Visited May 2013