Dining Room - Rocky's Boutique Resort Koh Samui
Ranked #40 of 163 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I thought we'd try The Dining Room for a nice night out but we're left thinking very little of the experience. For a start we were told the nicer tables were booked out but for the hour or so we were there, the tables sat completely empty! We were seated right beside a huge speaker so our conversation was drowned out! We asked if we could smoke and were told by the waitress that smoking was only permitted at the bar. We didn't mind this rule until a lady at a table beside us blazed up a cigarette and was given an ashtray by the exact same waitress! What the hell? The meals we ordered were nothing to write home about either! My husband's confit salmon was tasteless and my steak was ordinary. We definitely won't be going back especially after they accidentally billed us and extra $2000 Thb for the table next to us! If I hadn't checked the bill thoroughly we would have paid for two lobster meals we never ate!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

The food was just cooked to perfection! My husband has to have a gluten free and lactose free diet and they got it right everytime.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Rocky's bar and restaurant was a cut above many others in the Lamai area. We went as a party of 10, 6 adults and 4 children under 7. There was a wedding party on the same night, but that did not detract from the attention we received.
The menus were presented with an individual light so that you could easily read what was on offer. Much of it was rather fancy, so if you like only plain food, this is probably not the place for you.
The children had quite an extensive menu of their own, including the inevitable nuggets and chips, spag bol etc.
My hubby chose the tasting menu, which consisted of 5 or 6 small dishes, which he said were delicious.
My highlight was the lime sorbet desert. Mmmmmmm.
The evening was one of our more expensive nights out, although we had complimentary transport both there and back, including an extra trip for my daughter and our 3year old grand-daughter, who was a little under the weather.
If you are in the Lamai area, it is worth at least one visit.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had an amazing meal at this restaurant (and we have very high standards when it comes to food). I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Biff_10
Reviewed March 23, 2014

After checked in, we went to the restaurant in Rocky's. The asphere is romantic and the view is good.The food is ok. We had ordered beverage for my wife and me, the waitress asked me if we need water, I thought it was free, but finally they gave me Evian water which cost 230 Baht.