“authentic Italian”

Tropicana
Ranked #12 of 166 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Trattoria-style" Italian restaurant & Pizzeria located in center Lamai on the Lamai Beach road (500 meters before Mcdonalds ).
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Food and service at his best, very nice atmosphere,very reasonable priced, always a pleasure to dine there!!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a genuin Italian resturant. I been eating there everytime i been to Lamai. The staff is very plesent and the food id really good, and they have good wine aswell. I like the Arrabiata whit som nice Limocello afterwards..

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I rarely do repeat reviews unless there is any major change. There is no major change here since I reviewed a year ago. It's just soooo good and value for money every time. It's a very busy restaurant in high season but still everything works and the plates are coming out as they should. I prefer to come a bit early around 7pm to avoid the peak.

Ladies working here is really nice and one time my wife lost her gold bracelet under the table. It was returned to her just before we drove away. The Italian guys speak good English and are really nice and passionate. Excellent!

Lasagna is just perfect. Carpaccio beef and tuna is incredible. House wine...super value for money. The mixed plate with cold cuts and cheeses is five star! All pasta and pizza is super quality. Look out for the specials...many interesting things coming up here now and then.

I had a risotto in here that brought tears to my eyes...just divine.

No its not fine dining setting. No the seat cushions and tables and chairs are not the best. Yes the staff wear a t shirt. No there are no white table cloths on the tables with candles in old wine bottles. Come as you are and enjoy what is coming out from the kitchen.

Excellente!

1  Thank DannyBoyLao
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Ate here while in lamai beach and wasn't overly impressed.. For what we payed the food was ok but not special.. I have has nicer Italians before.. Staff are very friendly and service is good but food just didn't live up to my expectations but at the same time it was nice.. My only fault is value and price for what we got...

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Found this gem by accident! Walked past and was attracted by the amazing smell! Possibly the best pizza and garlic bread I've eaten! Service was amazing and the atmosphere great! Don't hesitate about eating here!