“Surprisingly nice good”

Kon-Tiki New Nordic Beach Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #41 of 162 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue, European, Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Kontiki New Nordic Beach Bar and Restaurant is the largest beach bar and restaurant on Lamai Beach. Happy Hour Everyday! Kontiki is always a buzz with weekly events such as our popular Lamai Fire Beach Parties Fridays and Mondays. There is something for everybody at Kontiki!
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Located right on the beach with fire shows every night, I expected more of a disco bar feel to this place. But I ate there on one occasion during the day and was surprised at how nice and well presented the food was. Tasted good too

There are newer reviews for Kon-Tiki New Nordic Beach Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed November 8, 2013

To begin with this bar really isn't the kind of place I go on holiday anyway, but I was with a group, so I did it.

The prices are expensive, the food is bad and the staff, well....maybe I'm asking too much that a waitress in a bar clearly catered for the 18-30 Brit can't understand the simplest word of English? Anyhow, the waiting staff can understand the simplest of English. I tried to order 'rice'...just rice. After a bit of back and forth I decided that it wasn't worth it and gave up! The food I did manage to order was appalling and the atmosphere, rubbish. One of the fire show performers came inside to drum up some interest and actually he was just a bit pushy and intimidating.

All in all, what a load of rubbish!

ManagerSwingBar, Manager at Kon-Tiki New Nordic Beach Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thanks for your review. We appreciate everyone's feedback both negative and positive. Maybe the price is expensive but if you sleep on the rich resort you get the vip card and you get 10 % discount on the food and drink. now the problem you have with the staff about understand the easy word in english i'm very sorry on that night we use many extra staff and i explain her if she don't speak english just clear the table .She want to do good thing and on the end is bad thing but on the menu we chose the put the number for the food, why you don't show her this number.
If you have one more time one problem like this somewhere i think is better to ask the manager or the boss for you can explain your problem...is better to do like this than get grumpy,angry to the Establishment and write something like ''rubbish''.

Best regard

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Situated on Lamai beach, this bar is great to chill in the day or at the evening. The fire show is great and everybody of all ages can enjoy this.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

During our stay in Koh Samui we visited the Swing Bar a lot because they provide beds on the beach and have a nice offer of drinks and food.

We tried some shakes, had sandwiches for lunch and also breakfast - all very good but a litte bit more expensive then you can find it around Samui.

The staff was very helpfull and the location is perfect.

ManagerSwingBar, Manager at Kon-Tiki New Nordic Beach Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

thanks to take time to write one review for our establishment, Im very glad you enjoy to stay with us and also the swing bar food.
The price is maybe little bit more up than another place but if you sleep on the Rich resort you get one ''VIP card'' and get 10 % discount on all the drink and food from Swing bar.Maybe is good to know for your next holidays.
Regard

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I were excited to visit the buzzing Lamai beach bar with firepoy shows on Friday night and grab a bite for dinner inside. To explain- we both speak English without an accent and a tiny bit of Thai as we've visited many times and love everything about Samui. Initially I was disappointed that the waiting staff did not understand my drink order - vodka & mixed juice - at all. After the fourth staff member asked me what I wanted - I also pointed to the words written on their menu. After waiting 20mins (in a quiet upstairs area) they finally got the first round right- we completely gave up in the second - we waited about 10 mins then we're bought a milkshake! We actually thought it was funny because we're travelled to some remote places and can always order a drink! Ordered food from the jack Daniels menu- it took ages and was really truly awful. They got our order options wrong- wanted mash, they bought chips. And whilst I'm on a rant, the loos had no toilet tissue and sink area etc in the Ladies was unclean. This bar seemed very popular with families their to see the fireshows but the staff really didn't seem to care at all. They seemed more frustrated than I - like I was awkward- and were very rude. And, we asked if we wanted our picture taken- erm, no thanks, cheque please! This place was a disappointing dive- great for a free show if you want to loiter- like lots of European families seemed to- otherwise- pop into anywhere else on the fabulous Lamai street front.

1  Thank GBAGIL1