“Magnificent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Napoleon - CLOSED

Le Napoleon
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magnificent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place is a great place to eat and friendly Staff recommend eating here if your visiting lamai beach ate here last week
mick Mandy and family

• Visited July 2013

“Little France<3”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My mom and I visited the restaurant during our summer vacation on Samui island. We have never tried the French cuisine before, so it seemed for us a pretty interesting experience, especially in the Asian country. And from the very entrance we fell in love, because the owner gave us a very warm welcome. We were fascinated by the beautiful French-style atmosphere, and simply amazed when it came to the food... I felt the angels singing in my ears: it was so delicious! Special thanks to the chef: he takes care of every single client, tells a lot of interesting details about his food and takes his job with full responsibility. We knew that the food there is safe and of the best quality, that's why we would definitely come there again, and recommend every tourist to experience "Little France" on Samui! Bon appetite!!

• Visited July 2013
Vientiane, Laos
“Makes a nice change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Enjoyed our time at Napoleon's. Having some quality French food certainly makes a nice change. The chef / owner is friendly with him and his team putting together a great display. The food was delicious, the selection of wines good, and the prices very fair.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank LozKel
Russia
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great place to visit when you get tired of all the Thai food. It's indoor (with a street view) with a/c, which is a rare thing on Samui. From what I can tell it's not a very busy place, but that doesn't mean anything bad about the food or service. Everything we ordered tasted great.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Oleg K
“ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Disclosure: Regarding food, Im a Francophile and slip over the border whenever I can (Im in Germany - rare good meal = $$$).

The owner / chef was right about one thing - good creme brulee! (cold in middle but ok.... nice texture, creamy, good). Garlic soup was also decent rustic French staple. Not exciting but OK.

The rest? Bleh. OK. Country cooking, average, too much salt. We had lamb chops and chicken / camembert. Just.... nothing special at all. Very, very average country cooking. Nothing more. Im being generous when I say this - my favorite bistro in Alsace is sooooo much better - and at SAME price!

The chef / owner is nice and personable (if a bit distracted - he sat outside talking most of the time, which would have truly pleased me - nonchalant brilliance! - if food had been better). I like their arrangement - its really just him and an assistant or 2 in the kitchen.

Wine is silly. By the glass, one choice for red or white - from a BOX! We trusted him on a bottle which was fine, as he had said. But I wanted a glass of red for the lamb and the box tastes like.... box.

I suspect that when we came, the chef wasn't really trying too hard. Or didnt care much. Its just sad that I can can get almost the same meal in a German village. What has happened to French cooking pride?!!

• Visited May 2013