“ok food”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Disclosure: Regarding food, Im a Francophile and slip over the border whenever I can (Im in Germany - rare good meal = $$$).

The owner / chef was right about one thing - good creme brulee! (cold in middle but ok.... nice texture, creamy, good). Garlic soup was also decent rustic French staple. Not exciting but OK.

The rest? Bleh. OK. Country cooking, average, too much salt. We had lamb chops and chicken / camembert. Just.... nothing special at all. Very, very average country cooking. Nothing more. Im being generous when I say this - my favorite bistro in Alsace is sooooo much better - and at SAME price!

The chef / owner is nice and personable (if a bit distracted - he sat outside talking most of the time, which would have truly pleased me - nonchalant brilliance! - if food had been better). I like their arrangement - its really just him and an assistant or 2 in the kitchen.

Wine is silly. By the glass, one choice for red or white - from a BOX! We trusted him on a bottle which was fine, as he had said. But I wanted a glass of red for the lamb and the box tastes like.... box.

I suspect that when we came, the chef wasn't really trying too hard. Or didnt care much. Its just sad that I can can get almost the same meal in a German village. What has happened to French cooking pride?!!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

a small restaurant, the chef and owner cooks himslef with a small team, traditioanl French food, dont forget to try the escargots or the flambe at your table

1  Thank DGC9_12
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The restaurant is excellent, amazing service from the chef and staff, good food and wine, and all at reasonable prices - seriously recommended!

1  Thank georgedegraag
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My friends and I wound up our trip to Thailand in Samui. By this point , we had had enough satay and pad Thai. We came across this restaurant in Trip Advisor and it had great reviews. My one concern was that it was never crowded when I walked by - at the most two tables were filled. We had the set course menu. Coming from California, I was set on foie gras, since we can't have it here. Food was good; a little rich considering the hot and humid weather. Bear in mind, it is going to be more expensive than eating street food. It was around US$50 a person.

1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The set menu is a good bet. The mussel app. Was divine!
For sure pricey, but worth a trip. Not great for small children, as the service is slow, but open late.

2  Thank Monkeypoot