“Friendly and intimate luxury resort”

Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Sydney
“Friendly and intimate luxury resort”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights and had one of the most memorable holidays of our life. The resort is luxurious, but never feels pretentious because the staff are so friendly and relaxed and the resort size is quite small and intimate. The main pool is beautiful and well serviced by the staff, who will set your beds up and bring you a cocktail - or 2 for 1 at happy hour which extends for 4 hours across the 2 bars! The restaurant is really high quality for both dine in and room service - and is also quite reasonable for both. We also took the ocean pier dining option to celebrate my wife's birthday, and although very expensive it was extremely memorable. Again it wasn't just the amazing food, it was that the staff brought out a lantern for us to light together (and took photos without needing to be asked), pointed out the squids swimming in the light, sang us happy birthday, wrote my wife's name on the cake without asking and made an elephant out of hand towels and surrounded by rose petals on the bed! Amazing touches that went above and beyond, couldn't have been happier and, like others have said, we really didn't want to leave!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Ocean pool villas for those who never want to leave their room, but otherwi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Le_Meridien_Koh_Samu, General Manager at Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Aus_Scott,

We are glad that you enjoyed the intimate boutique feel of our resort and found our associates to be friendly.

You made a great choice in celebrating the special occasion of your wifes birthday on the Ocean Pier which seems to have delivered a perfect setting. It is good to know our associates complemented that with their service to make it a memorable night!

Thank you for celebrating with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Tina Liu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Oasis views, 5-star cuisine made with fresh ingredients (trust me you can taste it), amazing staff that treats you like a VIP, and incredible rooms with most comfortable beds. This is what I expect from all 5 star resorts. But this Le Meridien takes it to a whole new level. You'll find "the exceptional" in the details: the way they design the public areas to foster community with other travelers, the pier gives you a perception of isolation and privacy due to its long length, and the elegant luxurious rooms are uniquely designed in such a way that you feel as if you are in your own private tropical palace. I have been here for 8 days and I am checking out today... I do not want to leave.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Le_Meridien_Koh_Samu, General Manager at Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear John G,

I hope someone told you that you didn't have to leave after 8 days! Thank you so much however, for spending the week here.

We appreciate that you took notice of the details and unique designs of the resort. It seems this added to an enjoyable stay combined with the service from our team. We do aim to please and are happy that this was felt throughout your visit.

Hopefully, you will plan a return trip after learning you never had to go.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in January. Plunge pool room was unique and comfortable. Delicious Thai food in resturant, lovely spa, perfect location, and lovely staff full of that famous Thai hospitality. Don't miss the "lighting ceremony": in the lobby at dusk.

Room Tip: We were so happy with our plunge pool room. Truly a unique experience.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LakeMIGuy
Dear LakeMIGuy,

It sounds like you had a pleasant stay all around and enjoyed your Plunge Pool Suite which is indeed unique and unlike traditional rooms.

The Celebration of the Day ritual is also a must see as you mentioned and hopefully another unique experience and memory for you to take home.

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience and we hope to welcome you back.

Port Hedland, Australia
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We a currently in a fourth day into a 7 duty stay at the hotel and I can confidently say that our stay has been very welcoming by the every single staff who work here, it is definitely their kindness and hospitality that has made this stay such enjoyable. I had booked for a terrace room upstairs prior to arriving and the kind lady at reception noticed we had our 22 month old son with us, which upgraded us to a plunge pool room to accommodate our son, the room that we are staying in is absolutely amazing, the bed is comfortable and room is spacious could not fault anything about the room except for no iPod dock which is no biggy at all, breakfast buffet is always delicious and we have dinner at the restaurant and its was delicious, only thing we had a problem with is just the stairs and having a stroller, morning fish feeds down the pier my son absolutely enjoys, my money has been well spent staying at this hotel I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Az3005
Dear Az3005,

Thank you for writing about your stay in the midst of your trip. I trust this continued through to the last day!

We are happy to learn your family was comfortable while here and enjoyed our room and facilities. Unfortunately, getting around with a stroller was not the most convenient and for this we apologize. While the main staircase to lobby can be avoided with a side entrance, there are a few steps in the restaurant and pool area. Hopefully, it wasn't too frustrating as it sounds like your son was able to make it to the end of our 224m Ocean Pier for fish feeding which is a favorite resort activity.

Should you have a chance to return in the near future, perhaps the Pool Access Suite or one of the Villas would be of interest, particularly if you liked the Plunge Pool Suite. Each offers direct access to a swiming pool, a treat your son will surely enjoy.

St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I do not know where to start... Everything about this hotel is fantastic. The best hotel I have been. A true oasis, close to the action. We had a room with a plunge pool (soooo nice!!!). We stayed for 3 nights then move to Koh Phangan for 1 week and then returned to Le Méridien for 4 nights.

Nathalie and I arrived on March 4th 2013 after a long trip from Montreal, Canada. At the arrival we were surprised with the proximity of the busy street but our fears vanished as we walked through the corridor surrounded by natural stones and dripping waterfalls reaching the lobby in an atrium-style entrance. The noise was gone from then on.

The room was very clean. It was the most original room I had since the entrance was a living room surrounded by windows then the next room was the bedroom surrounded by windows (and curtains) and climatized. Then there was a door which connect to the outside (well surrounded for intimity and protected from rain) and we found a small pool. Then there was a large vanity and behind it was the rain shower on one side and the toilet on the other side. We really loved this room and the bed was most comfortable. This is a very quiet place and we enjoyed the nightly lantern ceremony where we were able to launch our lantern every night.

The food was awsome!!! The breakfast was buffet-style but diversed and always excellent. We had most of our meals there and sitting either on the balcony upstair with an excellent view of the ocean or in the little boots surrounded by water or in the restaurant. One night I had grilled tuna and mentioned that I will eat this everyday. The next morning, the assistant told me that she asked the chef to come in early so he can make the same for my breakfast which he did....WOW!!!

The dock and fish pound at the end is nice and especially the lay who take care of them. We do not ask her name but she was a very very nice person and very attentive to our need being proactive. the beach is interesting for snorkling and I recommend wearing sandals since where there are fishes there are structures.

I recommend to use the limousine service of the hotel for your visits since it is not more expensive than organized tours and much much more comfortable (Toyota 4-Runner Limited!!!), safe and you visit what you want and what is of attraction when you are there. For example, there was a drought we we were ther, so there was no need to vist waterfall: It was friday and we went to the fisherman market where there are a lot of booths on that day at 17:00 and you can get all your souvenirs!!!

Most of all, the staff of Le Méridien... They are so nice and interested in you. For sure, we came from a far country but their kindness and smile will always stay in our memory. Especially are: Kim who took time to teach us many basic Thai phrases; Ant who was our driver for our arrival and visit; It who is always there; Komsat who saved my connection and email service and who really worked hard to stay me connected; TukTuk for her great service. I do not have all the names but all the staff at the restaurant and the staff at the reception were the best!!! and, what the hell, we have not seen one person from the staff who was not wearing a beautiful smile and being attentive to you.

We will all miss you and remember our stay at your Resort all our life, This was a trip of a lifetime!!!

Go Samui!!!

Benoit et Nathalie

Room Tip: Ask for the plunge pool room upgrade if you come during a low season period...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nathalie-et-Benoit
Dear Nathalie-et-Benoit,

Thank you for your enthusiastic and informative review!

We are so happy to hear that you were well taken care of by the team at all points of contact and that they were responsive to your needs. It is also good to know that your positive impressions extended to other areas of your stay including the food, the Plunge Pool Suite and our Ocean Pier to name a few.

Le Meridien recently completed a Shoreline Enhancement Project encompassing 200 square meters around the tip of the Ocean Pier to enhance local marine life and natural productivity at the same time. This eco-feature will be monitored in partnership with marine biologists and prove its efficiency during high tides, when it will be possible to observe a diverse range of fish species swimming. It sounds like you were one of the first to go inspect our new ocean playground!

The island itself has a lot to explore and fortunately, you had our car to take you out and about. Managing your own destinations and timing can certainly be more convenient. Also more time to shop and easy to carry home the souvenirs as mentioned!

Our team, who you kindly remembered so many names of, are awaiting your return one day to re-test your Thai phrases learned.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is only the second review I have posted on TripAdvisor as I feel compelled to share my experience from my stay here. For starters, the staff overall was so hardworking, knowledgable, and accommodating they really do care for their guests.
Our room was fantastic, with an outdoor shower/bathroom and private plunge pool we could walk right out into from our room. A unique set up.
Though the weather was stormy all week, the staff went out of their way to make sure everyone has fun. The breakfast and meals there were top notch, and the pier which extends deep into the ocean was very cool and made for some great pictures.
I would be amiss if I don't give a shout out to Tina Liu the General Manager - she was just incredible. In addition to just being present all week (I'd be surprised if she sleeps more than two hours a night) she really went out of her way to help my wife and I with our travel accomodations back to Bangkok. What was originally supposed to be an all day travelling affair with cars, planes, buses, and ferries this was all circumvented with Tina's help where she helped us get standby for a direct flight to Bangkok from the nearby airport. Totally above and beyond her job responsibilities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AhMereD,

We are so glad to hear that you and your wife had a good time at the resort and enjoyed the room, food and facitilites. More importantly, that our team took good care of you throughout the stay. Sorry we couldn't do more about the weather!

I must admit, your kind recognition of my assistance must be passed on to my own assistant, Nove. She is a gem and perseveres for our guests at all times. We were both thrilled when we learned that morning that you had made it on the plane! It was our pleasure to help.

If you are ever back in this part of the world, please do come back for a visit!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very decent hotel but very expensive for what it was. The rooms were pretty cool but maybe 4 of them see the water and those were even more expensive. The room service was slow but friendly. There is one restaurant basically. The pool scene is pretty cool but there is no sand on the beach as it is on a rocky part of the island. I would recommend this hotel at the right price.

• Stayed December 2012
Le_Meridien_Koh_Samu, General Manager at Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Suntraveller12,

For the best deals at our resort, we recommend potential guests to visit our branded hotel website for best rates guaranteed along with on-going packages and promotions. The rates in March were indeed at higher price points throughout the island due to high occupancies but we always try to ensure that our resort is competively priced and that value is offered to our guests.

Le Meridien Koh Samui is a boutique feel resort comprised of 63 suites and 14 villas with 7 villas on the Ocean Front. They are some of the closest you will find on the island facing the beach, offering spectacular views and a private 25sqm infinity pool on top. The other 6 room types all offer unique features and information including layout and floor plans which can be found on our hotel website. We highly recommend travelers to review this in order to find the most preferred accommodation match. While there is 1 signature restaurant as mentioned, we do offer Ocean Pier dining and a tapas menu for lighter fare in Latitude 9 as well.

As it seems you generally enjoyed your stay, we hope you will return for the right price point indeed. Our reservations team can certainly assist with any personal consultation needed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamai Beach
Amari Koh Samui
#8 of 104 in Chaweng
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,310 reviews
Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa

Been to Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!