“Beautiful Resort with an Incredible Staff”

Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is only the second review I have posted on TripAdvisor as I feel compelled to share my experience from my stay here. For starters, the staff overall was so hardworking, knowledgable, and accommodating they really do care for their guests.
Our room was fantastic, with an outdoor shower/bathroom and private plunge pool we could walk right out into from our room. A unique set up.
Though the weather was stormy all week, the staff went out of their way to make sure everyone has fun. The breakfast and meals there were top notch, and the pier which extends deep into the ocean was very cool and made for some great pictures.
I would be amiss if I don't give a shout out to Tina Liu the General Manager - she was just incredible. In addition to just being present all week (I'd be surprised if she sleeps more than two hours a night) she really went out of her way to help my wife and I with our travel accomodations back to Bangkok. What was originally supposed to be an all day travelling affair with cars, planes, buses, and ferries this was all circumvented with Tina's help where she helped us get standby for a direct flight to Bangkok from the nearby airport. Totally above and beyond her job responsibilities.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Le_Meridien_Koh_Samu, General Manager at Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear AhMereD,

We are so glad to hear that you and your wife had a good time at the resort and enjoyed the room, food and facitilites. More importantly, that our team took good care of you throughout the stay. Sorry we couldn't do more about the weather!

I must admit, your kind recognition of my assistance must be passed on to my own assistant, Nove. She is a gem and perseveres for our guests at all times. We were both thrilled when we learned that morning that you had made it on the plane! It was our pleasure to help.

If you are ever back in this part of the world, please do come back for a visit!

Tina Liu

Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very decent hotel but very expensive for what it was. The rooms were pretty cool but maybe 4 of them see the water and those were even more expensive. The room service was slow but friendly. There is one restaurant basically. The pool scene is pretty cool but there is no sand on the beach as it is on a rocky part of the island. I would recommend this hotel at the right price.

• Stayed: December 2012
Le_Meridien_Koh_Samu, General Manager at Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Suntraveller12,

For the best deals at our resort, we recommend potential guests to visit our branded hotel website for best rates guaranteed along with on-going packages and promotions. The rates in March were indeed at higher price points throughout the island due to high occupancies but we always try to ensure that our resort is competively priced and that value is offered to our guests.

Le Meridien Koh Samui is a boutique feel resort comprised of 63 suites and 14 villas with 7 villas on the Ocean Front. They are some of the closest you will find on the island facing the beach, offering spectacular views and a private 25sqm infinity pool on top. The other 6 room types all offer unique features and information including layout and floor plans which can be found on our hotel website. We highly recommend travelers to review this in order to find the most preferred accommodation match. While there is 1 signature restaurant as mentioned, we do offer Ocean Pier dining and a tapas menu for lighter fare in Latitude 9 as well.

As it seems you generally enjoyed your stay, we hope you will return for the right price point indeed. Our reservations team can certainly assist with any personal consultation needed.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

First off, I do not consider myself a "frequent" traveler, nevertheless, I felt as though I was VIP. The staff greeted me and took my bags immediately. They knew my name before I even gave it to them... I still don't know how they knew. The whole check in process was extremely pleasant... I didn't want to leave the lobby! The view from our room was amazing. Linen was VERY fresh and clean (no spots under backlight... yes I check for those things). After 5 nights we had to leave but I didn't want to go. This is by far the best resort I have been to in Koh Samui.

Dear TonyM,

It is good to know that your stay began with a great sense of arrival and that the details thereafter followed suit. After five nights with us, we are also thrilled that you left feeling that it was one of your best resort stays in Samui!

Hopefully, you will return to stay with us again on a future trip back to the island.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had the pleasure of spending part of our recent trip to Thailand on Koh Samui at the amazing Le Meridien resort from March 17th - March 24th 2013.

This resort is truly amazing not only due to its choices of accommodation options & immaculate gardens, but where it truly shines is in the service that is provided by the Meridien team lead by Tina the general manager. Tina sets a great example for the team and was regularly seen at breakfast greeting & chatting with guests and also assisted with clearing plates at the end of service.

These guys simply excel at service ! Tina, Komsant, Botan, Mai, Katie, Kim, Num, Tuk Tuk, Audy, Max, Kitty .... just to name a few made our stay even more memorable.

We stayed part of our stay in a plunge pool room and then in one of the amazing ocean view pool villas, the latter without doubt the most impressive accommodation option we have experienced in our many trips to Thailand .... did I mention the service ??!!

A truly amazing memorable experience was a birthday celebration dinner on the pier which was just perfect - food, atmosphere & service thanks to the very capable Kim.

The celebration of the day is a must do also.

I was involved in a minor motorbike accident and the support from Tina and the team was nothing short of brilliant and helped us through this incident without spoiling our stay.

Do yourself a favour ! Stay here and experience perfection.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to an ocean view pool villa.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Le_Meridien_Koh_Samu, General Manager at Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Brett D,

Thank you for your thoughtful review and for recognizing so many of our associates! Your feedback has been shared with the team and I am sure they were all delighted to be of service. With a lengthy stay and a special occasion to top it off, nothing makes us happier than to know that you were comfortable and felt well taken care of.

We are glad that you decided to move to the Ocean Front Pool Villa for part of your stay and found that to be a treat. The villa is one of the closest to the ocean on this island and offers outstanding views so hopefully, you enjoyed that each morning while still lying in bed!

Last but not least, we are all thankful that you were safe and able to enjoy your holiday despite your accident and clearly that was supported by your positive nature which also helped make it so easy for us to look after you.

Everyone here is wishing you a full and speedy recovery and looking foward to welcoming you and your partner back.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Simply put, it is the best resort I've been to in Koh Samui. It's not often that I give 5/5 stars, but this property definitely earned it. I have never slept so well in a resort. It was quiet, peaceful, and the view was incredible. The food selection was incredible... they had may different styles of food; all of which seemed to be freshly prepared (and yes, I tried most dishes). You must check out this property.

Room Tip: Get a suite with a view... definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear James O,

I think your title pretty much sums it up and we are so glad to learn that it was all amazing!

It is especially great to learn that you slept so well while here which means the resort did its job in ensuring a restful holiday.

Thank you for recommending Le Meridien Koh Samui and we hope to welcome you back!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife n me stayed at this amazing property for our honeymoon. Had an excellent stay at this beautiful resort. We had booked the plunge pool suite which was so different from your standard 5 star rooms.
The food was very nice, bacon cheeseburger is a must have. The gym was well equipped and the pool was pretty decent. The hotel staff was polite and helpful at all times.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear karanvir17,

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Koh Samui to spend the very special occasion of your honeymoon. We are glad that you enjoyed the Plunge Pool Suite and found it uniquely different from the traditional resort room.

We are also pleased that you enjoyed our facilities in general and that the team took good care of you.

Should the opportunity arise, we certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your wife back!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I don't often write a review, but after receiving such fantastic service, I had to complement Tina and her team. They made our stay a memorable one, besides the service, the hotel and all it's facilities were excellent.
We were celebrating our 10th anniversary, We booked a plunge pool suite with the outdoor bathroom, it was completely different to your conventional Hotel Room.
We would definitely return to this resort!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Le_Meridien_Koh_Samu, General Manager at Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Zaheer S,

As you mentioned that you don't often write reviews, we thank you for taking the time on this occasion. Your feedback means a lot to us and your recognition of the teams service is most encouraging.

We are proud to be a part of your 10th anniversary celebrations and to be a part of the special memories. Another warm congratulations to you both and we hope to celebrate with you again in the future! Would the 11th be too soon?

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamai Beach
Thai House Beach Resort
Thai House Beach Resort
#7 of 51 in Lamai Beach
Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort

Been to Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!