The hotel has a very nice atmosphere, and the high density of the buildings did not disturb us at all. The style is well composed and of high quality. There is a large number of old trees that add to the tranquility and feel of the place.
We had book on SPG points and had first upgraded to a Terrace room. On arrival we realized that the stairs up to the room would be a challenge with two small children (10 months, 3 yrs) and a pram. It was possible to further upgrade to a Pool Access Suite, which we did. Although the Terrace Suite was not bad, the new room was a big improvement, well worth the additional 2500 bath per night, even without the issue with the stairs. It also worked well with the kids.
The service level was generally high. The weak area of the hotel is the restaurant. We had a number of problems with getting the food we wanted, in reasonable time and done right. Often a fork was missing or a glass of water etc. Often rather small things, but no ok at a hotel at this level. The issue seemed to be the competence of a couple of people in the staff. The quality of the food was fine for lunches and a few dinners, but not really inspiring, and most guests seemed to leave the hotel for dinner.
We also had a bit of bad luck as the water heater broke down and left us with only cold water (well, a bit over 20 degrees) for a day or so. Luckily the hotel manager Tina is very good and highly present at the hotel. She picked up on our remarks about the restaurant and we were for the last 2 nights of our 5 night stay upgraded to an Ocean Front Pool Villa. That was a superb experience. The room is large and there the private ocean access is great and something not that many hotels offer. We basically did not leave the room other than for breakfast and the gym (well-equipped and new).
The Wifi coverage should be improved. It was weak in the communal pool area and in our Pool Access Suite and the there was no coverage in the Ocean Front Pool Villa.
The hotel does not seem to target families with kids, but proved to have some useful things like a changing table and crayons for drawing at the restaurant. With a ground level room, the hotel is good for families with small children.
After having stayed at four different five-star hotels on Koh Samui, we can truly recommend this hotel. This one and the great Sala Samui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach