Overall a nice stay. We had some of the nicest and most courteous staff of any Starwood property we have ever visited. There are really only 7 rooms on the property that are worth staying at. The Ocean View Suites are fabulous. When we first arrived, we were in one of the plunge pool rooms. It sounded nice and looked nice from the pictures, but really offered nothing that we wanted to enjoy about staying on a beautiful island - no sun deck, all shaded, little privacy. We inquired about upgrading the room and fortunately the resort was able to accommodate upgrading us to one of their 7 ocean view rooms with private pool for a reasonable fee per day. These rooms are worth every bit of the cost! The lantern shows every night were spectacular. If you are a Platinum guest like we are, they take very good care of you and provide a free drink every night at happy hour, as well as free breakfast.
We also recommend contacting the hotel prior to arrival and arranging transportation from the airport. It's a nice experience with cold water and cold face towels in a nice vehicle versus a standard taxi. Taxi is ok too, but there was not much difference in the cost to use the hotel limo and enjoy a much nicer ride.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach