On Earth, this resort with the architecture, amenities, staff and service can be easily mistakened for heaven. We selected this resort for our annual break and although there is an understanding of not revisiting a resort there is a strong likelihood that this golden rule may be foregone for a revisit to Le Meridien. Here are the reasons why?
1) The relaxing artichectural character.
On arrival the relatively narrow picturesque entrance steps up to the warm reception is a contrast to the usual grandiose entrance of 5 star resorts. However let not this fool you as the step down from reception to the resort will soon provide you a sense of the sheer magnitude of the resort. There are rooms with or without pool access (private pools), villas, a small gym, table tennis corner, large main pool, a stony beach, a plastic pier, a bar, a restaurant and spa.
2) Pool Access room, Verandah room, Pool Villas
We originally had a pool access room and a verandah room. The interiors of both with the minutest details and amenities provided a generous comfortable living space with the elements of Koh Samui in mind. The sleep was peaceful and magical. The beds were soft with perfection. Following two nights, the remaining other rooms around our shared private pool were occupied by very loud neighbours who kept the noise level at an unbearable level from near midnight to early morning. The hotel was sensitive to our plight and offered to either change our rooms or for a nominal fee be upgraded to Pool Villas, away from the noise. We opted for the pool villas and experiencing it for two nights we highly recommend it to all (Here enter Mosquitos but the hotel places repellents in numerous locations in the villa) . The villas provide more space, exclusive private pool and a few additional amenities. In all options, wifi (room and entire resort) and breakfast were complimentary.
3) Main Pool, Pier and Beach
The main pool area is breathtaking, relaxing and with enough lounge chairs to easily accommodate many guests. As 'Latest Recipe' the only restaurant overlooks the pool, we moved to the lounge chairs right aft breakfast and only left the area till evening. The beach just in front of the resort is shallow and stony with a long plastic pier. The resort offers complimentary rubber beach shoes for a walk on this stony beach but swimming here is highly unlikely. At low tide, I walked from the hotel on these stones deep into the sea. This 45 minute walk waded through ankle to knee deep water. In the evening the pier has a bar which opens till 10 30 pm and we spend one evening under the stars and night sky sipping drinks. For those who are keen to feel sand and water, a shot walk of 15 minutes to the right of the resort along the sandy beach will surpass the stony elements.
4) Friendly Staff
The staff is friendly, sensitive and hospitable. We were heard on our concerns of chlorine levels in the pool, requests for tours and provided us with names of great Thai restaurants in Chwaeng and Lamai beaches. Endek, KK, Luke to name a few. That said, without exception, all staff members were kind and generously accommodating.
[The taxis or cabs have no meters and you need to negotiate the charge from one location to another. we usually settled for THB200 to Lamai and THB300 to Chwaeng]
See you soon, Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort and SPA !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach