“Great food, great location”

Sabienglae Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 171 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We discovered this place on a visit 2 years ago and returned this year to find little has changed! The menu is long but there are really great dishes here - the Mussamen and Green curries are among the best we have ever tasted. The steamed fish is fresh and well cooked and the seafood is excellent. As per usual the clue is the number of locals who eat here. The tables overlooking the beach are worth trying to get just for the view

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We were given the name of thos restaurant by the cabin crew on Thai air. As it was close to our hotel (Rockys Resort) we decided to try it. There is a fairly extensive choice but be aware, some items are sold by weight. This is clearly marked on the menu, things like lobster and king prawns. We chose pineapple rice and king prawns in tamarind sauce. They did ask how many prawns we wanted, due to being sold by weight. As someone else has previously commented, the rice arrived first, and we waited and waited for the prawns. We decided to eat the rice before it went cold. It was absolutely delicious. The prawns did eventually arrive and they were enormous! They were also delicious, but I would have liked to eat them together with my rice. Other restaurants seem to be able to serve things together, so I don't know why this one can't. It was very busy, and our waiter really worked hard. The food was really good.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Fantastic food, great service and good value, we shared a spicy seafood salad as a starter, my wife had the deep fried sea bass and I had the pork massaman curry all of which were mouth wateringly good, along with 2 large beers each the total bill was less than 10000baht (around 20 quid). This was the best Thai food that we ate in 2 weeks in Thailand.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Excellent service, so many choices best prices around. Tempura prawns to die for,great chicken satay and spring rolls and then all the lovely main meals to choose from...never had a bad meal and went most days whilst at fenix hotel over a week

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

What a big disappointment after reading the reviews. Ordered no starters , three dishes and two rice with drinks,drinks arrived quickly then the rice arrived with a tiger prawn dish 20mins later 2nd dish arrivred ...very unhappy by now as tables that ordered after me had all there food I asked where the fish dish was and was told it takes longer to cook the fish fine no problem with that but why cook the other 2 first the waiter was very rude and couldn't care less was arrogant in telling me it was my fault for not asking for it all to come out together ..we ordered a main course not starters .my rice was cold he took it away and returned it warmed up he would not replace a 20 bht rice he was so rude .the fish arrived nearly 30 mins later after the first one dish arrived.
I asked to see the manager,she said its how I arrange my kichen and apologised for any upset caused and offered a small discount of the cheapest dish .not really good enough as it ruined me and my wifes evening.
As a foot note the tiger prawns were chewey and tastless and the rest was nothing to shout about , epensive as well .would I go again ...never is the answer to that one.