“A Good Budget Spa”

Spa Resorts Samui Beach
Ranked #27 of 45 Lamai Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2014

You have to recognize this place for what it is: a budget spa. If you want luxury, go elsewhere. But for the price, this place delivers, especially if you go in the off season when there are deals to be had (which is when I go). I have been here three times: twice for the seven day detox, and once for a juice fast, and i have greatly benefited from every stay. There are two locations: on the beach and back in the jungle, and each has its advantages. I tend to like the jungle because I like to be more isolated when I fast. And there is regular transportation between the two facilities. Remember to give yourself a few days before the fast to prepare your body and a day or two after to enjoy some of the great food they cook there.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed at The Spa Beach for a juice detox. The detox was fine but the rooms and the location aren't. I lived in a standard room and it's located just beside the ring road with very heavy traffic. I slept with earplugs every night to be able to sleep. And I wonder how much toxins my body got rid of and how many new I got from the traffic. The massage and yoga sala are very close to the road to and you can hear it very clear when you are trying to relax.
The bathroom has a shower in the middle of the room and there is no curtain, so the whole floor is totally wet after a shower even if you try to avoid it.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Therese Å
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Whilst the restaurant with its healthy, very creative and tasty cuisine is still highly recommendable, I can no longer recommend the accommodation at the beach resort. You need earplugs to sleep even in the bungalows on the beach, because traffic has just grown too mad out on Koh Samui's main road (and the road is just outside the resort - with traffic day and night). The island is suffering from sewage problems, and Spa Samui is definitely no exception. My room simply stank, and changing rooms only helped a little. Although the bungalows have a certain charm, the resort has been for sale for a while, and it seems like the current owner is not putting in enough effort to keep the place up to modern standards.

The detox and fasting programmes are still great. I did a week of fasting/detox and felt great. You meet fellow detoxers 5x a day your detox drinks, so you very easily get to exchange experiences with other fasters, and there is always helpful staff nearby to ask questions.

Staff in general at the site is a big mix between very helpful and quite incompetent. To be served at the restaurant, you often have to walk up to the waiters/waitresses, who are chatting at the front with their backs to the restaurant, or they will be happy to ignore you.

The beach is not that great - and the water is suffering from the sewage problem too. I was warned by other frequent Spa Samui visitors to not enter the water, since they have seen bad infections resulting from small cuts and a dip in the bay.

Massages and yoga classes are great whilst detoxing, although massages are slightly higher priced in comparison to other massage shops and the sewage smell does pass by the outdoor Salas where both massage and yoga classes take place. Only the restaurant has escaped this pungent odour.

My recommendation: Stay in alternative accommodation nearby, but do visit the restaurant and/or do one of the detox programmes.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
7  Thank Me J
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My first time stay at the Spa but my second time there.I enjoyed it very much.Stayed in a A frame near the pool.Great for one person a little tight for 2.
Loved the vibe of the place!!Everyone very friendly here.And ,
wow what great food!!!!!Best on the Island Id say,No fasting here!Food to good really!

I was even sent flowers because of my Birthday a really sweet thing to do!!!!

Hope to be back in Nov for a longer stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Livetoravel
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at both the main Spa where the restaurant is but then moved up to the mountain resort which was WAY better. 10 minutes away by scooter and secluded and lush in nature. If you hate walking then don't go there because all the lovely rooms are perched high on the hill.
The restaurant has incredible food.It was a basic satisfactory experience. Nothing to write home about. In general, I was happy. Lamai is full of crazy fun woo woo weird people from around the world!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoannaVMT
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have enjoyed this resort regularly over the last 10 years but sadly I am rethinking my future options. I have stayed at both the Village and the Beach but this review pertains to the Beach.
Rooms were quite dirty and showed a general lack of upkeep and repair. The staff have also lost motivation. The office staff can be occasionally caught in a happier mood - but that's not how it should be. The shop is rarely staffed and I had to try 4 times before I found someone attending. The massages are pretty average and many of us wandered along the road to find alternatives. The restaurant Radiance has always been a major drawcard. Whilst many of the amazing dishes remain amazing, the waiting staff are lethargic and a little sour looking. There are still 1 or 2 friendly faces on staff, but the energy and care seems to have gone out of others. the fact that this resort is for sale may be the reason for lack of upkeep and a positive attitude. PS. I moved to nearby accommodation after 2 days.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Elise5-5
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I had never detoxed before my 7 days at this resort in Aug 2013. It was really surprisingly easy to fast with the drinks and vitamins - I thought I would have food rage or become "hangry" but it was effortless. The program is sound, all the people who went through in my week had a joyous time. It's fairly busy having to keep on top of the regime and the days fly.

I would say the accommodation is becoming a bit tired and has a certain musty smell. Since you are doing colonic irrigation twice a day, you get to know the bathroom very well. However it is VERY affordable and I slept like a baby during my stay.

The steam room was my favourite, along with the mediation and yoga each morning. The choice of visiting the mountain resort was pleasant (it has a better pool) and if you are not fasting, the raw food kitchen is serious quality.

I lost 7 kgs in 6 days and continued with raw foods for 4 months, including up to the time of writing.

Room Tip: The rooms tend to book up in this resort - if you are fasting take one of the 30 hotels nearby to ma...