“It was awesome”
Review of Live & Let Dive - CLOSED

Live & Let Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Live & Let Dive is a Finnish owned and managed PADI Dive Center (S-17454) and currently the only 100% AWARE Partner Center on the island of Koh Samui in the Gulf of Thailand. We can offer you diving courses, diving trips and snorkeling trips wether you are a beginner to the activity or already an experienced diver or snorkeler. We have chosen to keep a small team at Live & Let Dive and we will always dive in small groups so that we can give all required attention to the individual diver and assure you a pleasant, relaxed and safe holiday experience. We also have private (1:1) service available for all trips upon request. Would you like to own your own dive or snorkeling gear? We can help you choose from a wide range of possibilities and brands including Aqualung, Scubapro, Suunto and Apeks. Ask us for more information. We hope to meet you on the tropical Koh Samui Island and warmly welcome you to discover the beautiful underwater world of the Gulf of Thailand!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was my first experience with diving. I called the company one day before and asked, if it is possible to start with 54 years. And is was super cool. Sebastian my dive guide and teacher was sensitive and helped with everything I need to know. I could really enjoy the diving with colourful fishes all arround me.. I´m grinning just now two days later from one ear to another.....
We werte a mixed international group with unexperienced and experienced divers. I would like to do it once more

Reviewed January 16, 2014

After a 12 hour ordeal with another company, I changed to Live & Let Dive. The speedboat was good, and on the first day we turned around at Koh Phangan due to rough seas causing safety concerns. On my second day we made it to Koh Tao, as the sea conditions had improved slightly.

Diving was close to Koh Tao as it provided shelter from the open sea. The visibility was not great, although I saw large numbers of nudibranches. Not the acquarium like conditions that I had experienced at Phi Phi on previous trips.

The dive team were professional and if I go to Samui again, will make use of their services again

1  Thank JohnCronje
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Went on this dive in Dec. 2013 and was not impressed. Matilda was great, but the experience was far from that. Unfortunately, the day I was diving the weather was rough and the majority of the people on the boat were snorkelers. Because of this we stayed close to shore and did not get to do any of the good dives because of "convenience" for the snorkelers. My gf was on the boat and also had a poor experience. She said it took another 30 minutes once we went diving to get them in the water. The dive site we went to was all dead and full of silt. I saw a few fish, but nothing the photos proclaim. I was very disappointed with the dive sites and the lack of life on the reefs.

The only benefit and reason I will give this above a one star review is because they dropped us off on Ko Tao before the boat went back to Samui.

I would not consider this a diving option for people who are serious about diving. Serious divers need to stay on Ko Tao and dive from there, not go off Samui, or with this company.

1  Thank Giro S
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had a great OWD course with Live & Let Dive and Matilda back in June this year. Also thanks to Stefan who helped me in Finland before the trip. Matilda's instructing was both professional and relaxed at the same time. Cannot wait to get back to Samui and Sail Rock some day. I strongly recommend Live & Let Dive for diving courses and trips. //Henri

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We attended to one day diving trip after 5 years of non-diving. Matilda was helpful and professional divemaster. Winds were quite bad on that day but seemed that they made everything to make our experience the best possible.