“overrated. "just dont go there"”
Review of Barrio Samui - CLOSED

Barrio Samui
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Something really different, a latino atmosphere, great Spanish Paella, Tapas, Mexican food but also some special south american dishes.The bar on the street offer great cocktails and cheap Sangria & MargaritaTo try really.
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Can not understand why mant people has given this a good review. Ordered the tapas and the fajitas, the bread that came with the tapas was so hard and old you couldent eat it, and the cheese was awful. No walue for money. The fajitas came with sour cream, one of us got old sourcream, so old it looked like it had turned to cheese, When i was tasting the sour cream and comparing the normal looking one, one of the chefs walked by and said quite rudely "its sour cream", as if i did not know what it was.. The waitress was also very rude and ineffective, never given such a small tip in all my life. Fajitas was soggy, with old dry chicken- This resturant has a certificant of exellence, WHY?

2  Thank joramo2013

Reviewed September 3, 2013

At first we thought the food wasn't so nice because when we went there, there was nobody in the restaurant but since it was getting late, we just decided to eat there. To our surprise, the tapas was really good!

1  Thank shemai04
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I dined here on my honeymoon trip in Dec 2012.

We were visiting from US and craving for some mexican food, and this looked like the only game in town. Both service and ambiance was fine but the food itself was hardly tasty. I don't quite remember what I ordered, however, in a matter of 5 mins of stepping out of the restaurant, i could feel some issues in my throat. By night i had a bad sore throat and by morning I was totally choked. It took me 4-5 days to feel normal, but it just spoiled my whole experience of enjoying delicious thai food.

These guys are obviously not using healthy oil and other ingredients and hygiene level in the kitchen may be sub-standard. Whatever the reason is, if you don't want to risk your health, stay away from this place!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

always eat here at least once when i visit Samui, nice when staff remember you and food and service always good

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Having read some of the reviews for Barrio Latino, we were a little worried - however, in the mood for Mexican, we decided to brave it, and are so glad we did. The burritos and enchiladas my husband and I shared were gorgeous - nicely spiced, non-greasy, and seriously generous in size.

My only complaint would be that I'm greedy when it comes to sour cream and guacamole, so some more of this would be nice. A lovely meal - don't be put off, the food and service were very good.