Lowest prices for your stay
$306
Booking.com$371
eDreams$371
ZenHotels.com$492
2,017 results
All reviews villa host saffron restaurant sands restaurant hillcrest villa buggy service private beach in villa dining buggy drivers four seasons ocean view villa koh samui our honeymoon infinity pool mobile phone thai cuisine turn down service f b
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Room, service, scenery were all great as per past reputations and information. Mr Oui, the staff for our room was always friendly and looking to support us - very reliable!
Despite of the best value, we'd like to add some points which was a bit negative for us.
- I found some pieces of glass at the beach. I already noticed the staff so hopefully it is already cleaned, however it would be better to be aware than not to.
- Our room(B16) lights and air-con started flashing and on-off suddenly on the first midnight. It was too late to ask to change the room and soon it became normal(actually I called the maintenance but it became normal once they arrived. what a timing), so we just went to bed. however on the second day, it began again so we finally asked if they can change the room. Mr Oui and the manager on duty soon arranged us a better room(ocean view pool villa). Thankfully the new room had any problem and we spent the rest of the holiday in peace.
- On most of the amenities in the room has a little tag that says "this amenities can be purchased at the Gallery", which we understand the reason why they put it - lots of visitors should have brought it home - but such wording should not be expected in a 5 star hotel, I guess.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
1  Thank Hirohepo
Fredrick_Arul, General Manager at Banyan Tree Samui, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Dear Hirohepo,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am pleased that you were able to have a relaxing holiday and enjoyed the pool villa as well as the stunning views of the Gulf of Thailand and the attentive service from Oui, your Villa Host. I regret to hear of the few incidents which you had mentioned and hope that you shall not allow these to mar your overall perception of Banyan Tree Samui.

Hirohepo, thank you once again for visiting us and I look forward to welcoming you back for your future holidays.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Stayed at a Spa Pool Villa in late August and what an experience it was! Was debating between other resorts such as Four Seasons and the W but Banyan Tree came out to be the perfect choice. A very big thank you to the staff particularly to Jen who was an excellent host and to the transportation staff who drove us and guided traffic throughout the resort. Have stayed in some magnificent 5 star resorts throughout Asia and we expected the best and we left impressed. Now to some details (likes/areas for improvement)

Likes:
1. The views. Views from truly breathtaking especially from our villa which had jaw dropping views from all areas of our villa. The almost panaromic views from our spa bedroom was amazing and was our favorite place to lounge during the day! (see the attached photos). The views from the Edge for breakfast was also great and we dined outside throughout our stay.

2. Friendliness. As mentioned above, the staff were all friendly and I would like to point out that despite some complaints in the Trip Advisor reviews, the buggys all arrived within 5-10 minutes most of the time for us despite our villa being located way up in the hills.

3. Saffron. Great Thai food that we enjoyed that we went for dinner throughout our stay.

4. Breakfast at the Edge. Breakfast was great with a great selection of juices and tea/coffee. Was also genuinely impressed with the quality of the sushi they served although we wished there were more frequent refills of the sushi. The pastries and egg dishes were also top notch.

5. Spa. Wife really enjoyed her spa considering the price. One tip is to ask for specials on the spa and reserve early!

Areas of Improvement:

1. Safety issues: We brought a water sun bed to use at our private pool. We quickly realized that if we were not careful, we can fall off the pool (and fall several meters) if we lied under the water sun bed as the pool water kept on spilling over the pool. Would suggest warning guests staying in villas uphill of this potential danger.

2. Hill road: I am sure the resort has looked into this issue, but how about widening the corners on the road as it seems the drivers struggle in certain corners to make turns.

3. Tshirts at gift shop: Although I did buy a tshirt from the gift shop, why is the Banyan Tree logo stitched with the same color of the rest of the shirt? For example my white tshirt has a white Banyan Tree logo on it and it is hard to discern the Banyan Tree logo. Same with other colors. Almost did not purchase it, but purchased it anyway to treasure my stay.

Overall, it was an unforgettable stay and would definitely be back in the near future. Many thanks for making our 2011 summer vacation truly memorable!

Room tip: Spend a bit extra and get a Hillcrest Villa or a Spa Pool Villa.
Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Service was great and the views are just so spectacular. Yes, the narrow roads are quite steep if you choose villas at the top but there are staff standing at every corner with wakie-talkies ensuring that the buggy drivers know if there is oncoming traffic. I felt very safe. I didn't check out the beach as I was busy enjoying my beautiful villa. Bird, my villa host looked after me well.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very good experience and a relaxing holiday. Service is great and staffs are very friendly and always going the extra mile.

Rocks on the beach but after visiting some hotels in Samui most of them have rocks but Chaweng beach is clear of rocks.

Landscape is really beautiful for such a new hotel. It's sad to leave the resort and back to a city life. Already recommended some friends in November. Hopefully the weather is good by then.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fredrick_Arul, General Manager at Banyan Tree Samui, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Dear Deva K,

Greetings from Banyan Tree Samui, your Sanctuary for the Senses.

Thank you for your recent stay with us and it is wonderful that you were delighted with the service of our team and the layout of the resort. The presence of rocks near the shore is a common feature in many of the small bays around Samui, however, we do recognize that this area can be enhanced and continue to work towards improving it. I will be certain to pass along your comments to our Landscaping team as their hard work in making our resort beautiful often does not receive the attention it deserves.

Deva K, thank you once again for your stay and for sharing your experience with your friends. We hope to welcome you back for another escape to paradise in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

The villas are beautiful but offer surprisingly little storage space. Due to the U-shaped lay-out of the resort we didn't feel completely private in the villa and people could also look into our terrace/pool when passing by outside.

The sea is indeed very rocky; shoes are offered but not really an enjoyable experience.

Breakfast is excellent but the dinner options could be better. The decoration of Edge and Saffron needs improvement. Edge is as charming as a hotel restaurant in a cheap city hotel (the view is great though). Saffron is better but there we were tortured by a poor band playing Lady Gaga, why??? Sands on the beach was the best experience.

Unlike the previous reviewer we were happy with the gym and spa.

Date of stay: May 2011
2  Thank jmalux
Fredrick_Arul, General Manager at Banyan Tree Samui, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear jmalux,

Thank you for your recent visit to Banyan Tree Samui and for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you found our villas to be beautiful, but regret to learn that you did not feel completely private during your stay. In certain areas, the layout of our resort may not provide total privacy, however, we continue to improve on this through the planting of trees and vegetation in key areas.

I do agree that our sea is rocky and, as detailed here before, we are in the process of making this aspect of our resort more enjoyable in order to maximize the areas of relaxation for our guests.

In regards to our dining outlets, I am glad you to know that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet as well as Sands, our quintessential beach grill restaurant. I have passed along your comments regarding the décor and feeling of The Edge to our team, and have already investigated the song selections of the entertainment on offer, so that it complements the atmosphere and does not detract from it.

jmalux, thank you once again for your stay with us and I do hope you shall not let these few incidents mar your overall perception of our resort. We would be honoured if you were to allow us the opportunity to serve you once again and to show you the improvements we have made.