Lowest prices for your stay
$302
eDreams$395
Travelocity$302
getaroom.com$482
2,013 results
All reviews villa host saffron restaurant sands restaurant hillcrest villa buggy service private beach in villa dining buggy drivers four seasons ocean view villa koh samui our honeymoon infinity pool mobile phone thai cuisine turn down service f b
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Perfect for honeymoon. Quiet and peacefull. Excellent service. Expensive but deserves what you give. Veryf friendly staff. Spa is excellent, must try.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fredrick_Arul, General Manager at Banyan Tree Samui, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear mikipare,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for choosing Banyan Tree Samui to celebrate your honeymoon. I am glad we were able to deliver a holiday that was relaxing and rejuvenating, and that our team offered friendly, attentive service catering to your each and every need.

mikipare, thank you once again for visiting us. Congratulations and all the best to you both as you journey through life together. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for your anniversary or future holiday.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

The hotel is far from everywhere, which is not indicated in the brochure
> Not offering anything special , neither programmes nor facilties: just the minimum necessary.It has everything to show,but nothing to be used indeed.See gym ( 30 sqm),restaurant 10 tables, ,etc.
> at arrival: 20 minutes waiting for a welcome drink,nobody comes to check you in, nothing happens
> pool: one pool only,smaller than at this level should be.not apt for swimming.small kids and babies together with adults, loud, noisy, no service . bar closed.
> pool :alltogeteher 20 beds,close to each other.As beach is not an option,(dirty, rocky,) pool is loud and crowded
The staff the whole day is either cleaing ( with little success) the beach from jelly fish, dirt or oil spill.( even the gym trainer is there, for this no training...)
> Prices to move out from hotel is min 600-1000 bath,taxi.Not indicated in the promotion,
As in the hotel the spa is full ( at arrival it was bookde fora week ahead) ,the sea is dirty,the restaurant is booked,you have to move out at least twice a day.that adds up to your cost daily 60-70 usd.
> Not indicated in the promotion that without a golf you can not move out from yr villa: car-minimum 10 or 20 min waiting - you are not able to move out from yr room
otherwise
> all facilities are small , gym 40 sqm,for all other sport activities the hall is 20 sqm...
> Spa closes at 21.00-but there is no alternative in 10 km at that level.At arrival we were told that fir the next 7 days the spa is fully booked..
> Spa prices 4 times of the city
> no inroom massage ,no beach massage,in Thailand..luxury villas..everywhere they offer.
> bathroom: transparent windows-curtain,you have take yr evening bath in darkness
> Room: no place for clothes,dark small garderobe, for one person 2 day stay , no more.
> Activities offered by hotel,yoga,gym etc: not kept agenda, no trainers.Just propaganda
> Beach: so dirty that no one day was apt for going in at all.
> Beach :not enough sunbeds
> Location of the hotel is not Five star :uncomfortable inside,high steep hill s.Not mentioned in the promotion
> Location not five star: at the and of a muddy road in th middle of nowhere

> The beach is ,rocky, full of jelly fish,
> The upper restaurant menu selection, average,same as any middle-up range restaurant in town but prices triple or more.There are 5 tables on the terrace,no roof in case of rain ,which is frequent,you have to be it inside..Once travelling on summer to the beach, you want to eat outside on the Terrace,
- see all roadside low-middle quality restaurants all are with huge terraces.
The lower restaurant menu is rather average. ( spagetthi , or the same meal as served for breakfast)

> Prices are unreasonably high inside
> room cleaning: at 1500 the room is still as it was in the morning,uncleaned
> Internet slow,not working practically in the room.
> service is very friendly but completely uncompetent: they do not understand nothing except the minimum nor over the phone neither face to face.there is not always somebody at reception who speaks good eglish
> Flight is at 20,00 PM, "complimentary check out " in th best and most expensiv villa of the super resort is 14.00...four hours sitting in the lobby....They did not even offered a paid late check out.
> oil spill in the sea:the staff is aware but the flag is green.on my comment, they said the guest anyhow decides itself to swim or not...but no info!
> the internet site is misleading,says nothing about the hotel that could make the customer at least understand the place
> web site misleading : design like four seasons
-the hotel was opened 6 month ago,and you can feel that eveywhere..but prices are full prices
> good points:
> service very friendly and attentive
> villas are beautiful
> Summarizing my claim
- the website,the promotion offers super luxury,what you get is very average
- the hotel has everytjing in paper,in practice nothing works: beach is rocky ,dirty and small,sunbeds are not enough,pool is loud and small,poolbar is empty,less golf cars than needed,yes there is spa but is alway full...
- no value for money

I kindly ask you to inform the hotel about these claims.

My claim is
- return the full amount of my stay
- the Hotel Management changes its promotion to more realistic ,to avoid misleading future customers

If they do not accept, pls let me have an expert law office in Bangkok.I am decided to prove,that no value for money, and the misleading promotion they do ( rese,b;enig even the site to Kempinski) is illegal.

Pls make them understand ,we have paid two business class tickets an our only yearly holiday was lost due to all the above mentioned.

Room tip: do not take this hotel.
Date of stay: January 2011
11  Thank Laszlo S
Fredrick_Arul, General Manager at Banyan Tree Samui, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Dear l s,

Please accept my sincere gratitude for your decision to choose Banyan Tree Samui for your holiday earlier this year and it was with genuine disappointment to learn of the incidents which occurred during your stay. As a Banyan Tree property, we take constructive feedback such as yours very seriously. The incidents which you experienced as well as the unprofessional service of our team were obvious shortfalls on our side and I wish to reassure you that I have already addressed the areas which you discussed with all those directly involved to prevent future recurrences.

Immediately following your stay, we communicated with your travel agent regarding this matter; however, to our disappointment, we never received a reply in the months to follow. I invite you to contact me directly at samui@banyantree.com, so that I may discuss in greater detail how we can resolve this issue in a timely manner.

l s, I recognize that our team failed to meet your expectations in certain regards. I hope you shall not allow these incidents to mar your perception of our brand and will consider choosing one of our sister properties around the world for your future holiday, so that we may deliver the highest standards of service that you both rightfully expected and deserve.

With kind regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2011

The rooms are beautiful. They are spacious, well decorated,they have free wifi which was excellent, tea and coffee facilities.
We stayed at B01, which is an excellent location to the Edge for breakfast and the the beach.
I would not recommend the Garden Villas, their only view is of other villas.

The whole site lacks soul and feels akin to being in a monastery.

The service is so attentive it felt suffocating to us, it might be your idea of pleasure. The bringing of little tables to put your bags on, the insistence of staff to pour you wine (even if you want to do it yourself) managers rules. The staff are quite metronomic, Thais are naturally relaxed and service orientated, the management need to allow them to utilise their personalities.

Saffron the Thai Restaurant perched on the hill with gorgeous views serves excellent Thai food, but the taking of your photo for souvenir is tacky at best and the print given on departure was pretty poor.

The BBQ moved from the beach to The Edge and the beach restaurant closed, even thou it has a roof, was a disappointment, The food was cooked on a grill and due to the lack of covered area, most people ended up in the air-conditioning, with a few tables outside with umbrellas The entertainment was piped music and two thai dancers and a trio Phillipino band,. Not the romantic setting we were looking for. One of the band in between songs turned and shouted to us, YOU RUSSIAN.

The beach has ROCKS under the water for about 10 metres, I will add a photographs, I have looked at all photographs posted and it seems they were all taken at high tide, a better memory of the beach perhaps. They offer shoes but is that what we look for on a beach holiday at a 5 star hotel, my new bikini and well worn black neoprene shoes .
Apparently they are about to make a channel for swimming. I read reviews written earlier in the year where the manager stated something would be done. Banyan Tree Samui, is one of the newer resorts on the Island, The older resorts have taken the beautiful sandy beaches, I have stayed at two of them.

Room tip: Beach of Sea View, Not Garden
3  Thank jewelly100
Fredrick_Arul, General Manager at Banyan Tree Samui, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Dear jewelly10,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to offer your comments. I am pleased that you found your villa to be comfortable and in a location with convenient access to The Edge and the beach. I regret to hear that you found our resort to be lacking warmth and the service to be overly attentive. Our team strives to provide a delicate balance between attending to the guest needs while minimizing the disturbances to their privacy.

I am happy that you were delighted with the view and cuisine that Saffron offers and I have passed along your comment regarding the photo to our team. We hope to provide a keepsake for our guests, but will look into how our guests are approached and fine-tune the overall process. I hope this minor incident during your meal did not detract from the overall experience. Additionally, I am disappointed to know that you were not impressed with the barbecue which was moved from the beach to The Edge. I have shared your comments regarding the atmosphere and food on offer with all concerned, so that we can continue to improve.

As you mentioned, we are in the process of improving our beach to allow for easier access to the deeper swimming areas. While the area still presents a very relaxing setting and a sea that is swimmable during certain tides, with added protection from our water shoes in various sizes, we certainly recognize that this can be further enhanced. I hope you shall consider a return to our property in the future to allow us the opportunity to show you the improvements we have made.

jewelly10, thank you once again for choosing Banyan Tree Samui for your holiday and I hope you shall not allow these few incidents to mar your overall perception of our resort. We would be honoured to welcome you once again and to deliver friendly, attentive service while creating the holiday you had envisioned. Should you care to choose a different destination, we would be honoured to have you choose our brand once again and experience one of our sister properties throughout the world.

With kind regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Went for a short holiday. Very nice resort! About 25min drive from the airport.

Food decent (loved Saffron).

Spa very nice!

Library available, games/ DVDs and books.

Nothing to fault about the villas (did not suffer from ny of the maintenance problems etc mentioned in one of th last reviews except that the power would trip from time to time).

Agree with the assessment of the buggies. Can be dangerous! Especially if you sit in the back and travelling up and down slopes.

Service was excellent all around and Villa Host Rayna was efficient, catering to our every need even when out of the resort.

Enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Dr_LTLL

Dear Dr_LTLL,

Thank ou for choosing our resort for your recent holiday. I am delighted to hear that you found our villas to be comfortable and to have met your expectations, and that Rayna was able to meet your needs and deliver a relaxing, worry free holiday. I am also glad you enjoyed the cuisine on offer at our various dining outlets including Saffron, our signature Thai restaurant, as well as our award-winning Banyan Tree Spa.

Our team continually takes precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our guests while riding on the buggies, however, I have passed along your comment for further reinforcement of this matter.

Dr_LTLL, thank you once again for choosing Banyan Tree Samui. I look forward to welcoming you again for your future holiday.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

After extensive web research, we choose the Banyan Tree as it was newer than the Sixth Senses and more convenient than the Four Seasons. The island has changed considerably since my last visit 20 years ago far more developed and beginning to be a bit chaotic, but any concerns that we had made the wrong choice were put aside as we arrived at the Banyan Tree through the exclusive, tasteful entrance, transporting us into a quiet beautiful natural landscape and leaving the hustle and bustle behind. Any other concerns totally evaporated on arrival at the stunning lookout lobby with incredible views of the resort and ocean, and friendly staff. Our lovely guide Yoon transported us by buggy through the lush gardens to our ocean view villa with private infinity pool. The villa was like a small palace very clean and included everything we could possibly need for the stay. Our only concern here was the view from this villa was over the ocean at the rear of the resort, not the the bay as shown on the web, and after a quick call to reception, we were immediately shown a similar villa B02 next to the beach with the view i had hoped for. I was really impressed with the way this was handled as i knew the resort was quite full.
At Breakfast Boom brightened every morning with his wonderful smile, and the food selection and quality was fantastic, which with the stunning backdrop views from the Edge restaurant made breakfasts memorable. The evening food at the Edge was equally brilliant and Ammy was charming and friendly and made our one visit here equally memorable. The Saffron was also a great restaurant. You cannot stay at the Banyan Tree without trying the spa and massage which totally rejuvenated us. I thoroughly recommend this resort, and will definitely be back.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Banyan Tree Samui, your sanctuary of the senses.

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for choosing our resort for your return to paradise after two decades. I am pleased that we were able to find the perfect villa to meet the expectations you had upon arrival. I am also delighted that you felt the warmth and charm of our team and that yo found breakfast and dinner at The Edge to be memorable. Our team continually delivers exceptional service and treatments which have garnered them acclaim from around the world, and it is great to know you were able to experience their rejuvenating touch.

Thank you once again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you once again in the future and to provide you with another relaxing, memorable holiday.