“Good in parts at the Patio”

The Patio Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 172 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Nice dining at Patio Restaurant.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

4 of us looking to eat in Lamai and after a few dinners on the main strip, wanted to go a little up market so we walked into the Patio.

Once you get through reception you are greeted with a well laid out water garden which turns into a bit of a walk to the beach bar and the Patio restaurant.

As we approached, we could hear the dulct tones of Thai music and then spotted Thai dancers on stage which was a bit of a bonus. Initally at least.

They did have space and we were shown to a table which was not acceptable as one of our table was directly under a spot light which was powerful enough to grace a theatre so we asked to move. The first response was to advise us that there were no tables left and so as we walked out they "managed" to find us a table in an acceptable spot.

The view as others have commented over looking Lamai beach is nice and does set the evening up well.

We went for the thai cusine in the main (one indian dish) which was all good. Well presented, and tasted fine although it is between 2 to 3 times more than other restaurants with similar thai food fare and quality in Lamai as you are paying for the ambience. The wine list is limited and very over priced when compared to other quality restaurants on Koh Samui which was dissapointing.

The service was passable - we did have worse and better on Koh Samui. The food arrival was a little disjointed. One final point was the Thai music referred to earlier in the review. This went on for about an hour and for those of us who are not familiar with the subtle variations in thai music, it became a little dull and was certainly too loud. Apologies for those who enjoy Thai traditional music. Perhaps two sets of 30 minutes with a break would be better?

As this is a resort as well as a restaurant there were a number of honeymooning couples a dinner as well as children playing. This was not a disturbance but I am aware that there are many who prefer a no children atmosphere.

So all in all would I say go? If you are in Lamai and you are a little fed up with eating with the continuous sound of motor bikes and cars driving up and down the main street, then go but be prepared to pay 15 Pounds per head and not 5 pounds per head for food and a lot more for beer and wine. There are other restaurants on the beach to try too but sadly we did not have time to make the comparison.

1  Thank WinchesterCathedral

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We went for dinner at The Patio and it was marvellous. they have a great view on Lamai Beach and the atmosphere is great.

It is one of the more expensive places to dine but well worth it but it is not over the top. The restaurant is part of the boutique hotel. Parking was easy as the hotel let us park on there parking. We had 3 kids with us and the kids enjoyed playing on the beach. The views from the restaurant are very good and the place gets extra special at night when the lights come in to play.

Overall the food was good and the service was good too. They boast about there cocktails has they have won the best cocktail on the island for the last 2 years. It was nice to try something different other than the stock standard cocktails.

We had a very pleasant evening with friends and family alike.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed in Pavillion Boutique resort which has this restaurant which serves great food with a sea view.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I have never given any establishment a terrible rating on TripAdvisor ... and I do this reluctantly. We visited The Patio Restaurant last week for my birthday. My wife and I ordered steak, which was so poorly cooked that it was inedible.

The waiters initially refused to take them back because we had cut the meat and had eaten a couple of small pieces. We complained to the manager who was rude and unhelpful, but reluctantly agreed to cancel our orders.

We were taken aback by the arrogance of the staff. As soon as we complained, they became rude and uncommunicative. We left the restaurant without ordering another meal. Overall my worst restaurant experience in Thailand

I can accept that a restaurant can occasionally make a mistake with one of their meals. But I cannot accept their arrogance and rudeness. My advice is to keep well away, there are many other good restaurants in the area

2  Thank SJBangkok
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I can't praise this restaurant enough. My husband and I have just finished a meal and it was fantastic!!! We had the 5 course Thai menu and it was the best Thai food we have had all holiday!!! The best part was the signature dessert-hot chocolate souffle with ice cream YUM!!! The manager 'Tata' was wonderful and very friendly. There were also fireworks on the beach which added to the lovely atmosphere