“Great Reatuarant”

Ranked #49 of 166 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Nice dining at Patio Restaurant.
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed in Pavillion Boutique resort which has this restaurant which serves great food with a sea view.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I have never given any establishment a terrible rating on TripAdvisor ... and I do this reluctantly. We visited The Patio Restaurant last week for my birthday. My wife and I ordered steak, which was so poorly cooked that it was inedible.

The waiters initially refused to take them back because we had cut the meat and had eaten a couple of small pieces. We complained to the manager who was rude and unhelpful, but reluctantly agreed to cancel our orders.

We were taken aback by the arrogance of the staff. As soon as we complained, they became rude and uncommunicative. We left the restaurant without ordering another meal. Overall my worst restaurant experience in Thailand

I can accept that a restaurant can occasionally make a mistake with one of their meals. But I cannot accept their arrogance and rudeness. My advice is to keep well away, there are many other good restaurants in the area

2  Thank SJBangkok
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I can't praise this restaurant enough. My husband and I have just finished a meal and it was fantastic!!! We had the 5 course Thai menu and it was the best Thai food we have had all holiday!!! The best part was the signature dessert-hot chocolate souffle with ice cream YUM!!! The manager 'Tata' was wonderful and very friendly. There were also fireworks on the beach which added to the lovely atmosphere

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Open air restaurant overlooking Lamai beach; attentive service and high quality, delicious food - we had pasta and fish dishes for main course and a mix of entrees including salad, fried mozzarella and calamari.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

My evening here had a strange start as it was recommended to me by a girl in one of the Thai massage parlours whilst I was waiting for my partner to finish her massage. It turned out it was practically next door to my hotel (Amarina Residence).

The setting is very cool: right on the beach with lots of water features, flame burners and mood lighting to get you in the mood. That said, the ambience was a little flat as we were the only people in there for about 30 minutes, but it was a bit fuller by the time we left.

The service was reasonable and on the whole friendly, although I got the impression the staff was slightly unimpressed with my t-shirt, shorts and sandals dress combination (but hey, it was 29 degrees and on a beach!).

By far the most important thing for me was the food. The black-ink fettucini I had was simply excellent and is without doubt the best pasta dish I've eaten anywhere in the world. The calamari starter was good, but just not in the same league.

Price-wise it was expensive in Thai terms (about 1700 bht for 2 starters, 2 mains, a beer and a cocktail) but certainly not in terms of a UK night out.

If just for the pasta dish, I think it has to be worth a look!